FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Home Tiki Bars ╗ ╗ What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
hazmania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-27 4:08 pm   Permalink

I have been struggling to name my always-in-progress room. It'll become official when I make the sign! I am currently leaning toward "Coconut Lady's" after Lisa Douglas's favorite Hooterville monkey racer. (She was edged out by Cheetah's Child, though.) Release the Banana! Any thoughts?

View Profile of hazmania Send a personal message to hazmania  Email hazmania     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 7:34 pm   Permalink

My room will be (mostly) completed by August of this year ... it's been a major project. Phase 2 will be completed by March of 2005 which will carry the theme outside.

The inside room will be the Headhunter Lounge, and the part outside that will overlook the waterfall and the Fire God will be the Tahitian Terrace.

Cheers!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-01-27 10:50 pm   Permalink

Ours will be "The Rincon Room" due to the proximity of that surfing area and we like the name.....TikiTony did the fine artwork and Gecko is working on the sign.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 12:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-27 22:50, bongofury wrote:
Ours will be "The Rincon Room" due to the proximity of that surfing area and we like the name.....TikiTony did the fine artwork and Gecko is working on the sign.....

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 09:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 11:48, tikitanked wrote:
8ftr,
The bar is still yet unnamed. working title is the iguana isle, though that name is not really doin it for me. [ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-23 11:51 ]

What about the Tree Chicken Ranch? It might work with the Burley-Q portion of your lounge, but it might be too western flavored. The Arawak & Carib word for Iguana is "iwana," so you could call it the Iwana Mai Tai Room. You could put a Fresnel lens on the front of Lester's terrarium & call it Monster Island, Home of Lestzilla. "Lekela" is Lester in Hawaiian, so you could call it the Lekela Isle Lounge.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 09:30 am   Permalink

ooh... don't have a space finished yet to name but it will most definitely be "Pele's Pleasure Palace"

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-28 12:34 pm   Permalink

The Ugh House bar never had a name othe than the blanket name of "UGH House" named after the orignal owners and builders of this custom 50's beauty, the Baugh family.
Over the years the "B.A" feel off the welded sign out front leaving the word "UGH".
Now the bar should be more appropraitely named something like "going, going, gone!"

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 2:00 pm   Permalink

Dr. Freelance, thanks for the suggestions, some of them cracked me up. Been doing some thinking about it. lesterzilla would be great. i was looking at the `Oma`o Wahine Hale (symbols on `oma`o could not be properly shown here) which means the green ladies house. like the sound of it. i need to double check that the words are placed correctly for hawaiian to show possesion. will pass it by the ms. Freddie, what do you think?

lester says aloha

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-28 14:18 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 2:46 pm   Permalink

I haven't thought of a name for the hallway yet!

Because it is the first thing you see when you open the door, think it should hint at or about 'entering' or 'welcoming' - or maybe even a 'passageway' or 'portal'.

I'll have to mull it over for a while!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 03:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-28 14:46, tikifish wrote:
I haven't thought of a name for the hallway yet!

Because it is the first thing you see when you open the door, think it should hint at or about 'entering' or 'welcoming' - or maybe even a 'passageway' or 'portal'.

I'll have to mull it over for a while!

Wormhole Wahi?

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 09:29 am   Permalink

Ours is the Tabu Tiki Lounge. Not the most original name, I know, but we are stuck with it. My parents gave us a neon sign with our logo as a wedding gift. We just put a slide show on shutterfly hereľ
http://www.shutterfly.com/os.jsp?i=67b0de21b34720174520&open=1

This is how it currently looks, but it's a work in progress. We are constantly adding stuff and changing things and trying to improve it. We still have to wire a lot of the lamps in the ceiling and do some more detail work. Sometimes it seems like we will never be done.

-Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 11:22 am   Permalink

boutiki, thats heaven. i think my tiki bar might be the toilet in comparison. hope to make it to chicago to see it in person one day.
would love to be able to display my mugs like that, but livin in california its not an option. have to seetle for display cases with doors, not nearly as lovely.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reever
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-29 2:42 pm   Permalink

Oh my gosh, Boutiki. Boy am I glad to see where the money I spent on your book is going! I can't imagine a finer cause. That room makes me green... GREEN... with envy. I'd get nothing done if I could just lounge there. Short of having live palms trees to lie under and water lapping up to my feet, I think that looks like a perfect piece of paradise. Please say I can come over next time I'm in Chicago? (No idea when that will be, so it's not a huge commitment on your part!)

[ This Message was edited by: Reever on 2004-01-29 14:43 ]

View Profile of Reever Send a personal message to Reever  Goto the website of Reever     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 5:31 pm   Permalink

The name for my tiki bar "The Pi-Yi Grotto" came about 3 months after my wife and I moved into our new (previously owned) home. We were a happy couple with three dogs, a slightly larger mortgage and two new cars - I was buying the supplies (matting, thatch, liquor, mugs, etc.) and was about to embark on building my home tiki bar, I spent many a night dreaming of my faux paradise - life was good. But 3 months and a positive EPT test later that was about to change. Suddenly the tiki bar would have to take a backseat to building the baby arsenal. To make a long story shorter I started referring to the baby, whose sex we had not cared to determine, Pi-Yi. So in honor of our soon-to-be son I named the bar after him. Originally it was the Pi-Yi Lanai but I didn't get a lanai vibe from the windowless room in the basement so it was then changed to the Pi-Yi Grotto which for me always had an exotic sensuality thanks to Hugh Heffner.

I have to post updated pics - the other photos located elsewhere on Tiki Central are when the bar was in the early stages of completion and are pretty lame...ah what the hell here is my favorite of the old pics...

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2004-01-29 17:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki 2006-03-02 06:54 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 6:47 pm   Permalink

Just so everyone knows, the Boutiki photos are great but they do not do this Polynesian Paradise justice! This place is hard to leave once you have been there. This is the type of exotic feel we need here in Chicago, especially with our lovely winters here(20 below with the wind chill tonight). We hope that some day the BambooLodge may reach the same legendary status as the Tabu Tiki Lounge. Duke and Amy you are our inspiration.
Dave & Coalbe

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation