FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 9:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-27 22:50, bongofury wrote:
Ours will be "The Rincon Room" due to the proximity of that surfing area and we like the name.....TikiTony did the fine artwork and Gecko is working on the sign.....

That is a good looking design! Nice work T-Tony. Gecko, keep us posted on the progress. Finished pics always appreciated. I am sure everybody wants to see the final results!

I can be found at my personal paradise:

www.lost-isle.com

Chongolio

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-01-29 21:38 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 06:43 am   Permalink

Ours is called the West Long Lounge, which is a play on the name of our town, West Long Branch. It doesn’t mean anything – I just like the alliteration. The bar area’s not exclusively tiki, but mostly is & is becoming more so little by little. These pics are kinda old. The bar area now has more furniture, tiki stuff, & a bit more artwork, but I think you'll get the idea. Anyway, here are some pics:

The bar is not really tiki. It’s in the center of the house,which along w/ the bar was made in 1970. The front of the bar is made from an old Mahogany door that was carved in Puerto Rico.

The countertops are yellow Formica.

Here’s the view from the breezeway:

Standing at the bar, you see our fireplace, which I think looks like a giant tiki.

More pics:

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-05-11 06:44 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 07:29 am   Permalink

Tiki Chris, thanks for the photos, it's always fun to have a peek at other Tiki rooms in progress.

In the first photo, that item with the little faces stacked on on top of the other, do you know what it is? Is it new or vintage? I've never seen anything quite like it.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 08:14 am   Permalink

"Trader's Jungle Outpost"

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-02-05 07:48 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-11 07:29, kctiki wrote:
In the first photo, that item with the little faces stacked on on top of the other, do you know what it is? Is it new or vintage? I've never seen anything quite like it.

glad you like my pics. the item you're talking about is a totem by tim biskup. he's great (& contemporary). here's more info:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=6773&forum=6

http://www.timbiskup.com/index.html

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 12:30 pm   Permalink

I'll give this a shot. My husband and I just built this bar a week ago and added the shelves over the windows this past weekend. Our main bar, in the living room, was the original Velveteen Lounge, but our whole house has become the Velveteen Lounge, so I guess the tiki room (which is our enclosed porch) will be the VL Tiki Annex. We've only just started, but we're having so much fun building our tiki space, especially after years of living in tiny, cramped city apartments. I hope I'm doing this correctly on the coding.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 12:36 pm   Permalink

CUTE ROOM velveteenlounge,
It's coming along GREAT!
Have fun with it, I know you will

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 12:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Tikiwahine! It's nice to be able to share it with people who get it!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 4:25 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-05-11 09:14, Tiki Chris wrote:
Quote:

the item you're talking about is a totem by tim biskup. he's great (& contemporary).

Ah! I would have bet it was vintage. Thanks for the links. Fabulous stuff.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2004-05-11 4:33 pm   Permalink

we're working on our basement room, and still thinking about names. the one i like is The Bark-a-Lounge. my lovely husband doesnt think thats tiki enough.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 4:34 pm   Permalink

dogbytes, get some fabulous tropical bark cloth and he'll soon change his mind!

I like the name!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 9:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 13:26, Kailuageoff wrote:
The Honolulu Lounge -- but mostly we just call it "the tiki room".

The only thing about having a space this big is it really peeves me when we get out the good silver and our guests don't show up...
Also, it's a bitch to vacum this mutha.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-23 14:06 ]

Ummmmmmmmmm. Errr. Hmmmm?
Wink!
Tiki Gardener

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 10:13 pm   Permalink

For the past three years, I've been living in Martiki Manor.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 5:02 pm   Permalink

UtopianDreem & I have a 8x12 enclosed patio room we like to call the Lazy Bird Lounge because my parrot & i like to naps in there on the weekends.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 4:18 pm   Permalink

I think this is what you were looking for:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7354&forum=1

Just for the record:
"The Huki Lounge"

Great Minds Drink Alike

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation