FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 4:22 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-27 07:25 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 11:21 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikiwahine, are you like the official historian or something?
Whats the old saying? You can't step into the same stream twice?
Or even better when I ask someone "have you heard this before? Yeah? Well it's worth repeating"

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 11:48 pm   Permalink

So many cool interpretations of tiki! Great names and pictures! My Hulaville is a work in progress but a labor of true luv. Here's what some of it looks like tonight. Lots of work left to be done, I have BIG plans for a lava wall behind the bar and turning my bay window into a little sofa type thing with barkcloth that matches the sofa in the room. Still lost about what to do with my ceiling. Need more bamboo,lauhala matting and thatching, thatching, thatching! I'm working on the lighting issues. Notice I have painted the walls green as a homage to my Tiki Central! Don't laugh!!!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-07-27 00:57 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-27 12:16 am   Permalink

our home tiki area is called The Rongorongo Room

pictures

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 06:21 am   Permalink

Cool space,Dawntiki! Did your mug shelf come from "Pad Parties"? I've seen that design,and think it's great.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki God Todd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-27 12:04 pm   Permalink

The Aloha Tiki Lounge is located in a loft apartment building a few blocks away from the heart of Nashville. It has 12 ft ceilings and floor to ceiling windows (perfect view of downtown skyline), stained concrete floors and beams, with all kinds of exposed pipes and an ac unit that lines the ceiling. Phunky and groovy!

It is a mix of modern and vintage furniture, tikis, hawaiiana, music, lounge, stainless steel, funky lighting and some other things to amuse myself and others. Right on!

It is constantly evolving with each good day of thrift/vintage shop hunting, it's rarely the same place twice and I dig that man. It is a modern tiki lounge with an old school vibe.

The rules are simple you can drink what ya want (beer, wine, mai tai's, jager bombs, patron, etc.),listen to whatever music you feel like at the time (reggae, rockabilly, hawaiian, swing, etc), and just go with the flow, its laid back and feels real good.

I need to break down and buy a digital camera! It has more character than the Star Wars bar.........

Tiki God Todd
* The Aloha Tiki Lounge *

View Profile of Tiki God Todd Send a personal message to Tiki God Todd  Email Tiki God Todd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 1:05 pm   Permalink

We are in the early phases of basement destruction/construction right now, but hope to be finished by September! The bar name? King Slod's Babu Room! When our daughter was a baby, she called breasts "babu" when she was thirtsy. The runner-up name was "King Slod's Sunken Palace."

Huge Magazine's Tiki Collection, Patterns, Pics and Links:
www.hugemagazine.com/html/tiki.html

[ This Message was edited by: kingslod on 2004-07-27 13:08 ]

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 1:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-26 23:21, bananabobs wrote:
Hey Tikiwahine, are you like the official historian or something?
Whats the old saying? You can't step into the same stream twice?
Or even better when I ask someone "have you heard this before? Yeah? Well it's worth repeating"

bananabobs, I did NOT post that there.

Tiki Toa started a new thread about naming your tiki bar in the creating tiki area, that was my message to him letting him know about this thread. It was deleted and for some reason my post was moved here. Without me knowing.

I already posted about my home bar on the second page of this thread.

Sorry for any confusion!
-Tikiwahine

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 4:23 pm   Permalink

I still haven't named my bar but I am leaning toward "THE BAMBOOZLED ROOM" nor something along those lines.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 4:30 pm   Permalink

Mondo Tiki Bar.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 10:28 am   Permalink

Mine's the 'Lono Lounge' in homage to Hunter S Thompson who wrote the Tiki classic, 'The Curse of Lono'.

More about the book here:
http://www.gonzo.org/books/cl/

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 11:23 am   Permalink

Unga's

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 2:05 pm   Permalink

Z-Bob's Shitkicker Corral

YeeHa!

-Z

...oh, wait... wrong forum

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 2:08 pm   Permalink

Nothing Fancy.

The South Pacific Room

Easy and true to the theme

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 3:19 pm   Permalink

Luana Lounge.

We looked up the word "relax" in hawaiian and luana came up. It fits the feel we were going for perfectly. (will post pics soon)

vw

[ This Message was edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-07-28 16:15 ]

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation