FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 4:42 pm   Permalink

And it shall be called the Lupa Lela Lounge

lupa lela: (literal translation)
Forget tired

an homage to the lupa lela club in Tembagapura (Irian Jaya, Indonesia) where I spent many a day playing pool while my parent's lived there.

beatgirlart.com

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 9:03 pm   Permalink

Great thread! So many inspiring pics!

Still "working" on my basement bar. My latest name is "Akua 'o Lama".

We have a Poly-themed dining room (unnamed) with a home bar made from parts of a real sugarcane mill as well as an inherited mid-century Polynesian styled dining room suit.

Here's a cool link:
http://www.hisurf.com/hawaiian/dictionary.html a good online reference.

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix BBCode for the link ]

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-29 02:59 ]

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiTavi
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-28 9:26 pm   Permalink

Ours has a very original name... we call it the Tiki Bar. We are working on a better name but so far, nothing has been jumping out at us.

View Profile of TikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to TikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 12:31 am   Permalink

HOMYFUGGINGADLOOGADALLDATBOOZE!!!!!

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiTavi

Posted: 2005-05-18 12:27 pm   Permalink

The home Tiki Bar has been demolished and its contents now live in many cardboard boxes. The space was too small for us (10x12') and the house is being remodeled so I thought it would be a good time to expand the Tiki Bar. My wife is getting her new living room so I get my new Tiki Bar room 24'x30'. Pictures will follow as soon as there is something to take a picture of.

View Profile of TikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to TikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 5:07 pm   Permalink

I just finished the book Aku Aku which I totally liked. The librarian said, "Oh, thats a good one". I will go with the name the Orongo Room as my bar's name. Now I got the Orongo Munktiki mug to go with. I will post the mascot shortly.

My birthday is fast approaching and I got a sneak peak of one the new, one of a kind mugs, made by my parents. Wow are they awesome. They can't buy them in store where I live so they made them. Now my bar will house some of the best.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 5:11 pm   Permalink

I have started construction in my basement tiki bar. I have been working on it whenever I get a little extra time which is rare. The work is slow but it is going well. I have been working on a fake lava rock fountain with waterfall in the corner of the room. Right now, the name I am calling my bar is "The Kava Lava Lounge". Not sure if it will stick or not.

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-20 1:04 pm   Permalink

Mine is called "Kanna WishMa Wife waleme Makone" Well maybe 10 years down the road when the basement turns from kiddie playland to the adult playground.

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 3:55 pm   Permalink

Mine is called "The Stink Bog" until I can think of something better.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-20 4:00 pm   Permalink

Mine is called The Shell Bar, an homage to Martin Denny.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 4:14 pm   Permalink

My as of yet unborn bar is referred to as "The Kanaloa Lounge"

Here's some sketches of it:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13289&forum=7

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuimaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-20 5:54 pm   Permalink

My living room is what I call Pan Tropical with stuff from Africa, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, The Phillipines, Mexico and Brazil (or at least inspired by them) The rest (kitchen, bathroom, dinette, bedroom, and patio) is decorated with stuff I brought back from living in Hawaii or have collected since moving back to CA, some new, some vintage. So I named my whole apartment Miki Place after the street I used to live on in Kaneohe. And as I just posted elswhere, I have named our old apartment pool area (pool was filled in with dirt two years ago by managment and converted into a huge planter that I, as landscape manager, have filled with palms, bananas, bird of paradise, ect.) The Tiki Garden. Not very original, but I think anything more obscure would be lost on our residents.

View Profile of nuimaleko Send a personal message to nuimaleko  Email nuimaleko Goto the website of nuimaleko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki pilgrim

Posted: 2005-05-20 7:07 pm   Permalink

I have been working on my for a couple of weks now. We had to move a lot of boxes but so far it have worth the effort. I will be calling my room the "That's Tiki Pilrim" You need to vision John Wayne when you say it.

View Profile of tiki pilgrim Send a personal message to tiki pilgrim  Email tiki pilgrim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn

Posted: 2005-05-21 3:05 pm   Permalink

"The Loma Loma Lounge"

Why? Seemed fitting since we moved to Point Loma (San Diego), home of the Bali Hai.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 02:55 am   Permalink

Currently my tiki space is called "the top shelf", and consists of the top shelf of my desk. I am still studying at home, so space (and money) is not something I have a lot of.

When I get my own house, the tiki space will be "Hewey's Tiki Bar" or "Hewey's Tiki Lounge", depending upon the set up. Nice and creative isn't it? I like the way is sounds though.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation