FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » $1.75 Bali Hai Mai-Tai, Christ on toast!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
$1.75 Bali Hai Mai-Tai, Christ on toast!!!
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 11:35 pm   Permalink

Thats right, the finest Mai-Tai south of LA for Buck and six bits. WHOO DOGGIES!!This is one fine Mai-Tai. Who's in for dinner?!!!
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 11:43 pm   Permalink

Too bad it's only one per person. Count us in...just name the date and time.

ModMana

[ This Message was edited by: ModMana on 2004-01-24 23:43 ]

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 11:46 pm   Permalink

Were in and this time Im drinking diet coke.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 12:03 am   Permalink

They do mix a mean Mai Tai!

I can't remember ever having more than one. I've been told I did, but I don't remember.

Cheers!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-01-25 9:55 pm   Permalink

Damn! Not going til March.....they should have that special for the whole year.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 10:10 pm   Permalink

Better hurry...only one week left! I'd be up for next friday. I'll try to be more punctual this time than I was on T-day- after.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 06:22 am   Permalink

it's too early, i can't remember -
is the bali hai near boston related in any way to the bali hai out west?

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 12:30 pm   Permalink

Friday works well for us...maybe 7:00 PM...how does that work for everyone else?. Saturday might be a problem.

On a related note, I found this really great old guide to San Diego with the Bali Hai on the cover. This thing is full of great stuff including tons of tiki references. I'll upload more when I have time. Here's the cover:

ModMana

[ This Message was edited by: modmana on 2004-01-26 15:30 ]

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-26 3:00 pm   Permalink

Hey, you guyz invitin' any newcomers??? I'd be willing to make the drive from El Centro if the scheduling works out...LMK!

Dave

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-26 4:00 pm   Permalink

Since you guys are making an event of it...guess where I'm moving this thread?

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-01-26 16:00 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 11:14 pm   Permalink

We're in too. Ric will try not to get a head start on the Mai Tai's that way he will remember the whole evening.
Let us know.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 09:35 am   Permalink

mmmmm...Bali Hai Mai Tais.

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-27 11:48 am   Permalink

Need some clarification: This Friday (1/30) or Next friday (2/6)? Fridays are good for me...7PM is great, just need to know the time...

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 1:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-25 00:03, Geeky Tiki wrote:
They do mix a mean Mai Tai!

"Mean" is right! When we were there after Thanksgiving, someone ordered the whole table a round (Ona Tiki - was that you?), but they were mixed really poorly, I'm sorry to say - they tasted like gasoline! Always appreciative of free booze, I drank mine down, but just barely. Then other folks started slipping their nasty concoctions my way, pawning them off on me to make it look like I was the one who couldn't/wouldn't drink his. (Ahhh... what are friends for, right?)

Now I know that the Bali Hai can mix a decent Mai Tai - I've had a few there in my time - but for your own sake, I'd check first to make sure that the $1.75 ones don't taste like nuclear waste before ordering a bunch!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 2:32 pm   Permalink

I agree with Doc Z...
The 2 times I tried their Mai-Tai it was gasoline like...

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation