FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving BENZARTs Carvings, FIRST thread 04-09-2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
BENZARTs Carvings, FIRST thread 04-09-2006
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 08:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-03 07:15, Benzart wrote:

Sam, Sam, sam, thank you so much. I think if I posted pictures of sawdust, you would like it.

Maybe so, but remember that I do own 3 Benzart pieces. Consider me a diehard fan.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 09:02 am   Permalink

Sam, you are one of My Best fans AND Friends too. I'll not forget that!
Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 11:38 am   Permalink

Put me on the list for something Maori-styled, with the tattoo lines on the face. I figure by the time you get around to mine I will have saved up for it by then.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 9:55 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Bot, you are on the list. Thanks for the support.
Goodnight

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 1:08 pm   Permalink

Ben,

Please add me to the list. It's almost embarrassing being added at this late stage, but each carving just seems to have the edge on the last one, and it's been difficult to know when to get listed!

My preference is for one of your patented life-like Maori faces. I'm sure I've said it before, but you're really up there with the top-notch Maori carvers.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 3:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks Twood. I don't think the maoris are quite down to my level but I like the comp anyway. You are # 24 on the list. Guess I beter get busy.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 7:03 pm   Permalink

I think that there needs to be a book that has talented people like Benzart showing how he does what he does. I need to try something like this so I know how faR behind I am.
How much time is general spent on a peice and where do you get your little bits of wood to start with.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 8:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks Teakey, The last, square one took me about10 hours to do not counting the several coats of lacquer. Wood i get from everywhere. Some from ebay, some from a local woodcarvers club and some from TC'rs. Look thru these posts and you will see a Lot of "how-to's" and information.

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 6:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-03 07:15, Benzart wrote:
My list is up to Only 21...

And I count two more after that post. Put me on the list NOW, Ben. I've been waiting way too long to figure out what I want, and at this rate I'll have plenty enough time to deliberate.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 8:43 pm   Permalink

Well hello Aaron's Akua, Did you mean you want to be put on my list Right now, or now later, or sometome now. Actually I did put you on my list and you are # 27. I'm not sure what therush is to get on my list, but it seems to be a popular list to have ones name hanging out on. All I can say is Thanks everyone.
At the top of the list are several 12"to 20" pieces which I cannot physically do now so I'll need to rearrange the schedule a bit. I'll do my best to keep the list straight with my physical difficultis interfering the way they are. Also I have been talking to Holden at Tiki Farm and I will be doing Something with them Also, so that may be squeezed in between the list pages here and there, but Everyone will get their benzart. Thanks all,
HappyHapyHappy

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-05 9:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben! I love that zebra wood tangaroa you did! Your carvings are so unique...I still love my #14 moai to bits.

WHat size zebrawood piece are you looking for? I might have a piece...pm me when you get a chance

Keep posting - I love checking out your carvings!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 5:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Benzo

I have been thinking about it since I posted here last. I have been thinking that I would like to be put on the list. I think that it would be one of the most expensive tiki purchases and rewarding too.
I like the Moai's that you do, the best. It would have to be a darker wood with some grain still showing. And the little arch in the neck. Although the tattoo face craving are very well done and probably harder to do, they remind me of a certain childhood figure that is very scary.
My favorite of all the 55+ is the one that you did for Gecko. It makes for a sweet necklace charm. The weight is at the bottom. I usually don't like that figure cause it would make a bad mug cause of the little bodies they usually have. Could you added me to your list but maybe email me the price for a moai or (maybe a Gecko type)? I was thinking that if it was a bigger piece I would like it around a dark kukui nut lei but then probably wouldn't get to wear it as much, so maybe that is a later project. I would like to have something more personal and at the same time would like you to have artist freedom and your interesting sight. What if it was a moai that had my features (long nose dark eyebrows) . Now that I think about it I guest I look like one. I could send a bunch of pics and give you a challange.
I spent one night and looked over all your stuff.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 8:19 pm   Permalink

teaKEY, Ihave you on my list. You are # 27 but don't worry, I'll get to itone day. The first 6 or so are large pieces of 12" and up so I will be working on pendants at the same time as thoes guys. I also have some commercial stuff to get out too somewhere in the mix. I'm Really chompin at the bit to get started.
Thanks TeaKEY

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 10:16 am   Permalink

I saw your reply and it got me drawing first thing in the moring. Will post later today. I'm sure that I will only love it more the longer the wait.
With the close-up camera shots you do, its almost like you show us your Benz(art) through your pride full eyes.

[ This Message was edited by: teakey on 2005-02-18 13:27 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 9:26 pm   Permalink

Heers another Lesson tiki. thistime most all done withnthe fordham/Dremel except the eye lid cut outs wee done with the trusty hook blade knive.Also used a small v-liner for sone final detail around the eyes and the name on back. I have some new carbide bits and figured this would be a good way to learn how to use them

I promised this one to SpermWhale
This wood is Makore, a Really fine hard wood and it is Beautiful to boot and was sent to me by Tiki Matt, Thanks Tinki Matt.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation