FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving BENZARTs Carvings, FIRST thread 04-09-2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
BENZARTs Carvings, FIRST thread 04-09-2006
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 5:09 pm   Permalink

Hewey, thanks for the props,
Sam, they will all be in TC'rs Museums of course, Thanks, I'm getting carried away on this one, it's being very demanding and when I object to something, the little bugger Bites me, so i'm a slave..
Thanks SwampFire and PolyPop. His expression is ever changing but just about done.
Rodeo and Finkdad, I'm just trying to make this one better than the last. Every time I take a macro picture, I see all the stuff not visible to normal magnifier and I have to go deeper to clean it up.
MonkyMan, I think he's wanting you to think he's laughing to put you at ease so you won't notice he's jumping on you for the kill.
Machtiki, thanks, yes the curve is just different and adds difficulty but adds interest and movement too.
Aarons thanks, the others are mostly sitting around watching if they can. I think they can't wait too to see him done. I'll be glad when he is done, he's too over-powering. its ike a love-hate relationship, you love carving it and watching it unfold, but you don't want to finish it and end the feeling.
Thanks again Everyone.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 5:50 pm   Permalink

Benz, there's not many more superlatives that i can add to the growing list, but your work is astounding. thanks for not only the carving lessons and inspiration, but also for being one of those rare, genuine nice guys.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 7:00 pm   Permalink

Aww, this is where you make me just blush.
Thanks. You know all you guys have inspired me too with your props and praise, sometimes I feel unworthy of it all but it keeps me trying to carve better and better.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 3:49 pm   Permalink

Man looks great. Hope you keep carving. Do you sketch them out first on paper or straight to the wood?

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 4:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks Thantos, I usually draw it right out on the wood. Sometimes I'llreduce a picture down to the working size so I can get the perportions closer.. As the carving progresses most of the drawing goes away. I usually maintain a center line though.
Thanks again for all the good words.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 5:09 pm   Permalink

I don't want to make you blush...but
Ben...pleeeze keep me on the list....
spendid as usual

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 5:11 pm   Permalink

Amazing work...I love the half squat and the cute little rounded bottom. So incredibly sweet. You must have the patience of a saint.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 4:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks Conga, you are on the list and actually coming up pretty soon.
Tikitam, thanks for noticing such a small butt. without a wise crack.(ha) I don't have patience and saint? I don't think so but I'll take it anyway.
Worked a bit on this guy today. Just refined it here and there. worked on the body some. Didn't leave myself too much room for it either, but it's getting there. Soon I'll be done with this guy.

More to come in a day or two.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 5:44 pm   Permalink

Fantastic. Can't wait to see it finished.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 9:36 pm   Permalink

Aloha Benz & Fil-

Zebra Wood, Bamboo, Bar.

No tiki tiki, but jungle jungle!!!

Benzboo

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 04:53 am   Permalink

Hey BenBooman, Where did you find a piece of Zebra wood that size and do you still have your right arm?? That is such Beautiful wood and of coursehaving you create a bar from it makes it absolutely Primo. Thanx BamBen.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 07:25 am   Permalink

Aloha Benz-

It's Zebra Skin laminated on a 4x8 sheet. Still very $pensive stuff.

(attn PETA people. It's wood, not the zoo animal)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 07:30 am   Permalink

I bow to both of you.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 07:57 am   Permalink

Love that zebra bar, Bamben!

Hey, Benzie. That Lono is frankly amazing. Have you settled on a finish? Or still kicking it around?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 08:02 am   Permalink

It looks so real that it's kind of creepy. I hope you know I mean no insult whatsoever. It's just wierd; it looks like an actual little, grimacing tiki guy with a cute butt. Unreal.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation