FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 7:01 pm   Permalink

I think, if given the challenge...a Tikified version of Brueghel's Triumph of Death would be Uber-bitchenlicious! But the garden of earthly delights....a foldout altarpiece fer sure! Like the missionaries would bring this jacked-up crazy painting to the natives to convert them!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 05:46 am   Permalink

Great stuff Slax, really love the way you changeed things from the original, Nice upgrades!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-15 9:08 pm   Permalink

This weekend Tiki A. Moaikingbird & I were in Calgary and paid Slacks a visit at the city-run arts centre where he works. We got a tour of the facilities...

...and as an unexpected bonus got to see The Birth of Pele hanging in a staff art show.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-16 10:55 am   Permalink

The Birth of Pele! Way Swanky cool!
U lucky dog!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 06:47 am   Permalink

Just wanted to say, nice paintings. Did you ever do a print of the Tiki's playing poker? Any new carvings to share?

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-05 09:15 am   Permalink

Slacks Sweet art my friend looking fwd to seeing more,Aloha Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 10:31 pm   Permalink

Here's a glimpse at the cover of my cocktail menu:

I was attempting to capture a vintage graphic feel...more pages will follow as I (slowly) get 'em done.
Lemme know what you think.

Hopefully I'll get the basement lounge up and running by April 2009! Fingers Crossed!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 1:14 pm   Permalink

Knockout job - real vintage look. Very authentic, if you said it was vintage, Id've believed you.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-12-29 11:18 pm   Permalink

GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 1:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the postitive feedback fellas. Great to hear from a couple of artists who's talents I respect.

Please note, I'm also open to constructive criticism. Initially, there wasn't alot of feedback, so I was beginning to wonder if this just was too far off base for most tiki tastes...

[ This Message was edited by: slacks ferret 2009-01-16 09:39 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 2:30 pm   Permalink

I am lovin the Menu cover Slacks!! It looks very Old School, great job!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 5:09 pm   Permalink

Great job! Man, I can't get over how many amazingly creative humans, ( & rodents), there are on TC!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 5:16 pm   Permalink

That's fantastic Slacks!
I love the colour choices.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 9:57 pm   Permalink

Here is a PNG inspired lamp that I've been working on:

I made the tapa and the masks are made from clay out of a press mold I found.

Question for the lamp-makers around here (Tikiskip? Kahaka?): I want to cover the bottom with a (tapa-like) paper I've already picked out, but if I glue it on, I'll have denied myself access to the bulb, which will eventually need to be changed. I really can't access the bulb from the top. What should I do with the bottom so I can have it covered, but also removable so it can provide access to change the bulb? Hinged door? Clipped in place? I'm hoping there's a simple solution.

Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 10:03 pm   Permalink

Nice work Slacks!! And you made your own tapa? Impressive!

Try velcro for fastening the bottom.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation