FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 12:01 pm   Permalink

The tiles are in place and grout has been added. Now I just need to add the "backsplash" tile:

I added some bamboo, some routered baseboards and I got most if the lauhala up on the walls:

I hope to have other updates soon. Mahalo.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-30 12:44 pm   Permalink

Good job, Slacker.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 7:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grog.

Here's some more progress shots:

Mural is getting closer to about half-way done.

The bar sink in place (but not yet functional). Back-splash tiles are now lei'd.Bar top just needs edging now.

The soffit is now ready for it's "tapa cloth" covering. Unfortunately, it won't be real tapa, just something I make on paper...Unless someone wants to send me a 14 foot long by 8 foot wide piece for real cheap (or free). hardy har har.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 7:41 pm   Permalink

Nice job, your mural is coming along just fine. Keep us posted.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-09 8:01 pm   Permalink

lookin good!!! this place is gonna be sweet when ur dun!!! cant wait to see it in all its glory!!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 10:40 am   Permalink

WOW! Amazing work! Those tiles are incredible... every tiki bar should have some! The mural is coming along nicely too... can't wait to see it completed!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 5:52 pm   Permalink

I dig those tiles too... looks like your place is coming along! Lookin' good.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 7:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the props hiltiki, Big Tiki Scott, Tobunga and Kahaka!

Hey Kahaka, did you see your lamp there in the foreground of that last photo? (Well a partial shot of it anyway...) I believe that's the first lamp you made using real tapa...but I could be wrong. It's an honour for me to have it. And one day, I'll collect others from you (and a few other master lamp makers too).

Here's a few other progress shots:

Routering a famous face.

Wood panel installed

With some of the routered mouldings around the door frame...

Which are similar to the routered mouldings around the windows...

Still very much a work in progress:

Mahalo for looking folks!

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2010-02-01 19:52 ]

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 7:48 pm   Permalink

SWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!! I CANT WAIT TO HAVE A WHOLE ROOM TO DEVOTE TO TIKI!!!! this is realy gonna be awsome !!! great work on this room!!! cant wait for the finish!!! cheerz!!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 11:01 am   Permalink

this is really an exciting build ...congrats !
Cant wait to see more!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 10:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tikiville. I'm sure you'll get a chance to experience it first hand, as your just a short 3 hour drive away...

Here's a few more progress shots. Please pardon the mess I produce as I'm pushing along...

Above the bar, I'm still not sure what the hell I'm gonna do here. I expect some combination of thatch:

Wooden edge pieces of the bar are routered and about to be stained in this shot:

I had the most challenges with the curved sections:

Did a bit of work on the mural too:

Added some lauhala to the side of the bar:

Here's a shot of the mess (and the mural, bar edging and lauhala).

Still lots more to do! Mahalo for lookin'!

TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 10:37 am   Permalink

Is that an INVITE!
Well I'll gas up the RUMbus! lol
Cant believe the depth that this job of yours is taking,really gonna be "the" place in this neck of the woods huh?
Let me know when ya get to the stage where ya need some masks for your walls!
( we'll work something out)

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 11:15 am   Permalink

Im diggin the curves on that bar...

keep it coming

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 2:33 pm   Permalink

WOW. That pretty much sums it up.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 05:28 am   Permalink

Looking great. You're certainly packing plenty of detail into it.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation