FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 08:30 am   Permalink

Dang Slacks!
The mural...the tapa tiles...
you went all-out on this!
Beautiful!
Love to check in here and watch the evolution!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-10 09:38 am   Permalink

Looing great Slacker, keep it up.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-15 08:00 am   Permalink

Looking mighty fine, Slacks! Mighty fine! When you're sending invites for the grand opening, don't forgot mine!

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-15 2:45 pm   Permalink

It's looking so incredible Slacks! You're doing a fabulous job. I love the tiles on the bar, bamboo trim and matting, and especially the mural! I can't wait to see it done, but the progression shots are great too.

Keep up the great work!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 08:54 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comments everyone. I really appreciate the encouragement.

I just spent the long weekend working on the lounge so I should have some updated progress shots very soon. Just as soon as my camera software co-operates...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 10:31 am   Permalink

Looking great! Love those tapa tiles.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 08:07 am   Permalink

Some more progress shots:

Added some "organically shaped" shelving (for mugs of course!) that trims the top of the walls. Then I added some bamboo behind it.

I added some tapa cloth and matting above the bar. Still needs thatch though...but I'm not gonna add that until I have my special lighting installed.

I added a strip of "specially treated" paper to the soffit. You can see it close to the wall. I'm gonna stamp it with tapa patterns to create my own tapa cloth.

Best update I have is that the mural is done! (Is a mural ever done?..the answer is...yes! Sometimes!...err...I might add a bit to it later...)

That's all for now...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 08:20 am   Permalink

Dang Slacks!

go man, go!!

The mural is beautiful. I wish my home was the A-frame on that lagoon

Can't wait to see what you do for mood lighting

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 10:32 am   Permalink

Hey, Awesome job Slacks!! Everything is looking great and your Curves are really nice! It's really cool to see how another build goes especially one that looks like you have free range to do everything you want.
Keep the updates coming and keep up the great work!!

Mahalo, TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 10:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-19 10:32, TabooDan wrote:
Hey, Awesome job Slacks!! Everything is looking great and your Curves are really nice! It's really cool to see how another build goes especially one that looks like you have free range to do everything you want.
Keep the updates coming and keep up the great work!!

Mahalo, TabooDan

Thanks TabooDan. Right back atcha.

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-24 11:35 pm   Permalink

A few more photos:

Here's the rock wall/bottle shelf in progress

With a bottle:

With a lighting test:

Fake home-made tapa cloth going up over the soffit:

Just needs to be stamped now...

TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-25 10:42 am   Permalink

All I can say is that your pad ROCKS! ( get it ...lol)
The work your doing is jaw dropping,
this is really something, keep posting shots!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-03 08:13 am   Permalink

I'm posting updates to the tiki lounge on the "Home Tiki Bars" forum now:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35709&forum=20&6

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 10:05 am   Permalink

Some various glaze tests of the Kanaloa Kannibal mug. I've been (shamefully) working on this guy for about 6 years (off and on...well... "off" mostly).

Do you have a favourite? I know I do. There's also some here that I think are pretty bad. Any thoughts? I'd like to know which one(s) you like most:

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 10:28 am   Permalink

I like the Tiki Tony Tabou Room Green and the oil covered mug that is second from the right.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation