FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 11:45 pm   Permalink

Great mugs, tiki and paintings. I like the Picasso/Braque tiki painting and the tiki Exodus an....they all kick butt!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 07:33 am   Permalink

Nice work Slacks. How big is this one? Any pics of the back.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 11:25 am   Permalink

Hey Slax, Super nice 3rd carving. ZMethinks you need to spend More time carving. you're a Natural..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 11:31 am   Permalink

nice carving Slacks....gotta see more. BTW...whatever happened to that ULTRA cool painting of
the tikis playing poker....we are all waiting to order our prints!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-27 7:38 pm   Permalink

The prints are getting closer to realization...

Thanks for waiting everyone. HopefullyI'll have a big announcement to make next week...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 09:07 am   Permalink

Here's my last carving at the instructor's show...pic is a bit blurry. I did the ol' calcium treatment to give him a false, aged patina.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 10:41 am   Permalink

Love the aged look! I'll have to have you give me the skinny on how you did it once I get a few more cranked out. Awsome work!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 1:18 pm   Permalink

Just to show you how bad this tiki obsession of mine is...I'm posting pics of my last yard project.

It's pretty much impossible to grow palms here in Calgary, but I really wanted one to help give the backyard a tropical feel, and I didn't want it to seem fake..so I made this one.

frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 06:58 am   Permalink

How did you make that palm? That is too cool. Also any advice on the "calcium treatment" you mentioned?

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 11:51 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks for the nice words Frostiki. The palm tree is (essentially) a carved log with a real fern sitting on it. Then I wrapped the pot that the fern sits in with burlap. It's been up over a month and still looks great in the backyard. Everyone who comes over comments on it. It's pretty cool to hear their postive comments. As for the "calcium treatment"...well that's basically rubbing calcium dust (aka chalk dust) over the carving. Olds it up real nice.

Here is a picture of my most recent creation: "The Birth of Pele". This work, of course, is based on Sandro Botticelli's "The Birth of Venus" but I've switched out the figures to make it more tikiriffic. Sorry for the crappy pic:

Thanks

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 12:11 am   Permalink

Hey Slacks - that looks like a masterpiece..... How big is it???? Maybe do a Mona Lisa hula painting next?

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino 2007-09-07 00:12 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 08:28 am   Permalink

Very Cool Slacks!
Great approach to an Old Classic!
Seeing as you're sort of a Renaissance Man,Botticelli was a perfect choice!
Any plans in the future for a Tikified "Garden of Earthly Delights" by Bosch?
That would be CRAAAAZAAAAAY!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 10:39 am   Permalink

Very well done slackers!
Man that would make a kickin' mural in a restaraunt or next to a pool or ANYWHERE!
Way tah sling that paint.

Snicky Ticky

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 6:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. It's always nice to hear positive comments from talented artists that I respect and admire.

Sam, the painting is only 2 feet x 3 feet. I'm starting to realize that I need to work smallish to medium. I've got limited studio space and it's gonna get much smaller once I frame-in the tiki room for my basement. So... gone are the days of the 4 foot x 8 foot canvases of art school. Gone, for now, anyway.

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 6:56 pm   Permalink

LLT: I love the idea of a tiki-fied "Garden of Earthly Delights" Bosch painting. Especially if it were done as a folding alterpiece. That would rock.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation