FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 4:16 pm   Permalink

Well, I want Sweetpea to be at the Hukilau as much as anyone (maybe more -- I miss my Sweetpea!), but you have to understand that Sweetpea missing the annual RAB event in Seattle would be like Dick Clark deciding to spend New Year's Eve in Fargo, only way, way, way worse. As a matter of fact, Seattle would probably send a troop of 'billy boys all the way to Ft. Lauderdale to retreive her, and in the meantime there would be a wailing and gnashing of teeth on a scale so massive that the reverberations would be felt all the way through to the other side of the Rockies. We're talking WTO II here, folks. Ain't gonna happen. We'll definitely miss you, though, Sweetpea.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 4:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 16:16, Humuhumu wrote:
As a matter of fact, Seattle would probably send a troop of 'billy boys all the way to Ft. Lauderdale to retreive [Sweetpea]

Hmmmm, I kinda like the idea of EXTRA 'billies making their way there! We could waylay 'em:
* puncture/deflate their pompadours OR
* put out big sheets of flypaper to stick to their brothel-creepers OR
* set out cut-outs of Betty Page in front of bamboo-frond-covered (non-tiger) pits! (Well, I might be waitin' in there )

I wouldn't mind some extra boys with nice bowling shirts hanging around at ALL!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 4:41 pm   Permalink

Now you're talkin'! We'll kidnap Sweetpea... she'll be the most fun boy bait ever! Now to figure out how to fairly divide the spoils....

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 6:08 pm   Permalink

Come on Sweetpea!! We missed Indy last year because Hukilau was on the same weekend and we survived. We didn't realize in choosing the date last year.

Pack those bags girl and head on down to Ft. Lauderdale - you won't regret it.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-24 6:33 pm   Permalink

I'm hoping to go! This is going to be one fantastic TIKI EVENT!

(topic moved)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 7:13 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure which of the two hotels I should book. Could anyone give me feedback on the pros and cons of each place?

Mahalo!

tikigreg

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 8:03 pm   Permalink

Cons-if you want to sleep, don't stay at the small one.

Pros- if you want to sleep, stay at the big one.

If you stay at the small one, you will have to join our "Band of Pirates and Wenches" for when we take over the water taxi and loot all the Sleepers of their Tiki Loot!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-24 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Now to figure out how to fairly divide the spoils....

Humu- I thought we had ground rules worked out last time!

The form is filled out, now we just wait. Russell is packing his eye-patch as we speak.

Kiliki and Swanky- site and the planning looks great!!!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 8:29 pm   Permalink

Ben is right Greg. There are 2 bars in the courtyard of the hotel and most of the rooms are around that courtyard. With 67 rooms, chances are, it will be filled with the likes of Ben and Al and Holden and BK and there will be no rest for 3 or 4 days... Plus, those who don't want to sleep yet from the other hotel will be over there too... There is a good chance we will fill that puppy up.

Just so people know. Last year we had 80-95 rooms booked on Friday night in the Holiday Inn after months of work. It's been roughly 24 hours so far and we are at 50+ rooms booked. We may fill our room block by Friday...

So far in the Hukilau village: CA, FL, VA, CT, OH, GA, TN, IL, TX, LA, NY, SC, and of course, Italy...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 8:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 20:11, inkylouise wrote:
Quote:
Now to figure out how to fairly divide the spoils....

Humu- I thought we had ground rules worked out last time!

We did, but now we have to incorporate Formikahini into the mix. Lessee... how about east of the Mississippi goes to Inky, east of the Rockies goes to Formikahini (and we'll give her Alaska & Hawaii, too), and I get west of the Rockies. Zat good?

Oh, wait, who gets international??

Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 9:23 pm   Permalink

It's been roughly 24 hours so far and we are at 50+ rooms booked. We may fill our room block by Friday...

Right on! Water taxi....beep beep!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 05:03 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben and Swanky. That's kind of what I was eluding to when I asked my question. It's my birthday that weekend, so I have to decide if I want a relaxing time or a pull-out-all-the-stops time.

Mahalos!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 2:25 pm   Permalink

Ok, that's it,

I'm voting for Hukilau as my honeymoon destination. I just hope I can convince the fiance before all the rooms fill up!

Wish me luck!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 2:56 pm   Permalink

Canada in da house!

Damn, I should make my reservation form Canada capable...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 3:56 pm   Permalink

Don't forget to pick the flowers when you visit the site...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation