FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Events ╗ ╗ Other Events ╗ ╗ Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 7:43 pm   Permalink

Uh...yeah...uhhh...we got the penthouse, so if you'll all just keep it down or we might have to complain on you, mmmmmkay?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 8:28 pm   Permalink

.....penthouse?
You're in the "Crows Nest," pal.....we sail!!!!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 11:57 am   Permalink

Well, I was able to convince my fiancÚ to make the Hukilau our Honeymoon destination!(didn't take much...he already owns a fez and an eye patch)

He's in the navy, so we can't make any decisions/reservations until we find out if:

A. he got his officers commission(he will then be spending 6 months in Ontario starting September 1st)

B. If his ship will be sailing during that weekend.(It's like pulling lion's teeth trying to find out the schedule)

I'm hoping that one of the two hotels will still have rooms available if we are indeed able to go, or at least that there are a couple of spaces left so that we can participate in the festivities! Oh the suspense!!!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 11:51 pm   Permalink

Looks like you have a lot of carvers already... I imagine mine would be overkill...?

This is also an option for my honeymoon... we are wed in June and neither of us can afford our wish of Hawaii... maybe the next best thing here...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-28 12:07 am   Permalink

Lake Surfer,
If you can get a carving or two down there cheap and sell them, that's better than nothing. And if you go to Hawaii, you will not have 400-900 tiki ohana around you making you feel like family for the weekend...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-28 9:33 pm   Permalink

OK folks, last year I said I'll make everything I can to make it to the next Hukilau, but it seems US customs may prevent that - a bill for $654 for inspecting my stuff put a dampner on my celebration. We might have the required dough by September, but it seems that it'll be way too late to sign up.
So - have fun you all, hoping things we'll be better next year.
I really like the website and the way the event seems to be organized, tiki_kiliki & Swanky.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 11:40 am   Permalink

If you want to see what cities are represented at Hukilau, go HERE...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-02 12:23 pm   Permalink

I'm all torn up about this! The same weekend as the Hukilau is the Las Vegas Rockaround:

http://www.rockaround.net

How could this happen? I absolutely can't miss the Monks, Downliners Sect, Hasil Adkins, Chesterfield Kings, Orangutones, etc.

Frustrated and pissed off,
the jab

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 11:26 am   Permalink

We are going to the Hukilau for our honeymoon!!!

Bahia Mar? BOOKED!
Dinner Cruise? BOOKED!
Friday Night Party? BOOKED!
Dinner Show? BOOKED!
Mug? BOOKED!
Flights? not booked.

Is everyone else still as excited as I am?!
Can't wait to meet you all,

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-05-18 11:27 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 11:21 pm   Permalink

After hearing about the mad craziness of last years event, I had to dig deep into my soul and ask myself if this is the kind of event for me and my gal???.... And a small voice answered "AAAAAA HUUI HOOO!!!!!!"
Can't wait. Baxdog, you in?

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-01 3:14 pm   Permalink

Ok I am trying to make reservations for this so I can come down and Tiki like a mad tiki! Which hotel should I be staying at? What else should I be signing up for? My wife is letting me go solo for this, what a sweety! Please give me imput those of you who have gone before!!!!!!!!
Mahalo, Tiki-Toa

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-01 3:56 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Toa!

SO glad you and your wife are coming!

Have you checked out
www.thehukilau.com? Asside from the fantastic music, Swanky & Tiki Kiliki have a list of all the events you have to choose from. There is also great hotel information. If you read this thread from the beginning, you will see that there are good aspects of both the Bahia Mar and the Bahia Cabana. We get a special Hukilau rate for both of them, so the choice is yours. I'll be going for my honeymoon, so I opted to stay at the Mar.

First off you should fill out the form here:
http://www.thehukilau.com/2004/website/reserve.php Then you will be able to reserve a spot in the events of your choice.

You will still need to make reservations for one of the dinner shows at the Mai Kai and you will of course still have to call a hotel to make your reservations.
Hope this helps!

Great Minds Drink Alike

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-01 4:09 pm   Permalink

Wow, thanks Tiki wahine, you wanna help with the event?!

Be sure to come down for Thursday. It'll be a great time with all the ohana, and it won't quiet seem like it starts and then ends way too soon, though it will.

I would suggest the Bahia Mar. Air conditioned comfort, and the center of most activity. Plus a nice pool with bar/restaurant beside and beach access if you choose.

We schedule everything so that you can sleep in and party a little too much and still do everything and not be rushed at all. That is, you come hang out with a few hundred new friends and enjoy yourself. No worries.

We have more to announce soon, but we are learning that everything seems to come along weeks, even months after you would like for it to happen.

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-01 4:37 pm   Permalink

Swanky,
hehe, ya, I'm a little excited.

I know you two are super busy, so I thought I'd answer any questions I could.

Thanks for the event card, VERY cool, and a great way to share the excitement.

It's like a little pre-momento

Mahalo,

Great Minds Drink Alike

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-01 8:18 pm   Permalink

Hi Tiki-Wahine, MAHALO for the info, I had gone to the site and registered before seeing your posting, will probably be staying at the cheaper accomodations, save money to spend money on all the goodies I hope lots of vendors are bringing, and this may end up being our honeymooon also, only 8 years late.
Hey tiki_kiliki are there going to be some kind of LE Prints of the image that is at the beginning of this posting?? I would love to have that image to remember my first tiki event. Also I would love to offer my help some if you need it.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation