FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-06 2:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-01 20:18, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Hey tiki_kiliki are there going to be some kind of LE Prints of the image that is at the beginning of this posting?? I would love to have that image to remember my first tiki event.

Yes, there will be prints of Derek's work and some of the top prints will also be available with a special very limited run Derek mugs that have a different glaze, etc, to match the prints. There will be more later and of course at the event.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-06 3:41 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Swanky! I might have to buy a new suitcase to carry home all of my booty I come across at the Hukilau.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-06 15:43 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-09 10:00 pm   Permalink

May I direct your attention to Tiki Farm for the latest in Hukilau propaganda. Big mahalo to our sponsor Smogbreather for forcing this upon his unsuspecting customers! And thanks to the Hukilau site designers at Troika for taking Derek's artwork and making this awesome movie!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-12 2:08 pm   Permalink

New additions to the Hukilau site. Thanks to Basic Hip, we have a large selection of Billy Mure tracks to download. Also info on Johnny Knox. Johnny grew up here in Knoxville and started playing in clubs I used to hang out at. I never met him. Then he moved to Atlanta and Kiliki became friends with him and he played at Hukilau 2001. He has played at Trader Vics in a Don Ho tribute band called "Don HOrowitz" and is a tiki fan. He is returning to Hukilau 2004 to get things going on Thursday night at the water side Meet and Greet at the Bahia Cabana.

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-12 3:51 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah - Johnny can't wait - and folks, get ready! Tongo-hiti has said they'll make a guest appearance! Also, a great band from Atlanta that plays every Thursday at Trader Vic's and is my house band for Tiki Torch Nights!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 12:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks to da smogbreathah:

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 12:53 pm   Permalink

Wow, thanks guys! The mug looks great!!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-20 12:34 am   Permalink

Denmark is hep to Hukilau!

Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 3:11 pm   Permalink

WHOOHOO!!!! I live in Miami, and my mouth is watering over the Hukilau! I can hardly wait!

I will see everyone there!

~Lenore

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 1:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks to our web hosting sponsors Catalyst IT, we will be able to have live webcam shots on Friday and Saturday of Hukilau! We'll post the address for the cam before the event, and try to stream it as fast as possible. You poor souls who are stuck at home will be able to see the vendor area and performances there, and the Friday night mayhem. I am not sure if it's possible to do sound. We'll see just how big and how fast we can get the cam to go!

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 5:25 pm   Permalink

This is the first ever Derek mug in the glaze it will produced in:

I love it!

chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 8:18 pm   Permalink

Swanky, I would really like to vend again this year along with my friend hoffa. but for some reason i can never get through on your website (computer freezes up etc.)please get back to me, thanks jimmy. exoticaarts@earthlink.net

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-10 01:08 am   Permalink

If I can make money off of my art fair next weekend I'm hoping to come down... and would like to vend... ( some surf would be nice too) Could you point me to the thread regarding vendor's fee and the like? BK, I know you are the vendor organizer...

And is there an update on how booked the rooms are? If I gotta stay off campus I guess it is better than not coming at all. Against my better wishes I am considering the drive down from WI in order to bring stuff... I'm leaning towards bringing many of my handcarved tiki lamps down...

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-07-10 01:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-07-10 01:11 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-10 10:35 am   Permalink

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year Could someone pic me up an extra mug if possible? Will send $ before hand if needed.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 07:14 am   Permalink

Lake Surfer - plenty of room at the Bahia Mar, not so much at the Bahia Cabana. But I think there are still 20 rooms open. Email me about vending, vendors@thehukilau.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation