FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 11:20 am   Permalink

I'll get you a mug AC, as long as they let me buy 2:-)

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 12:39 pm   Permalink

We are finally able to show you the boat we have worked (and worked and worked) to secure for the Thursday Dinner Cruise for Hukilau. All the details are HERE This is going to be an incredible event that will really set the weekend off! Hurry and book as seating is limited to 149 and we have 102 sold already!

Here are the pictures of this incredible boat!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 12:51 pm   Permalink

That's right folks. When we saw the boat initially and started negotiations we knew we had to have this for Hukilau! We hope that everyone will enjoy it.

For those of you that will miss out on the boat cruise the Bahia Cabana will be having an amazing BBQ! See the site for details! And we'll all sail in at 9:00pm to meet you there.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 4:08 pm   Permalink

Swanky & Kiliki - Now I see why getting the right boat took so long: the "Tikki Beach" is simply amazing!! With the entertainment, dinner, drinks & scenery, I may not want to get off it after the cruise!

<sigh> I'm counting the days...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-20 1:02 pm   Permalink

That boat is the shiznit. Way to go Swanky & Kilaki, its a heck of alot better than that 2nd option on the Hukilau board. The dinner menu looks mouthwatering also. A three hour tour huh.......don't suppose we'll get lucky and get stranded on that heavenly blessed deserted island of rum from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie do ya. A guy can dream can't he

[ This Message was edited by: tikilee on 2004-07-20 13:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikilee on 2004-07-20 13:10 ]

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 3:14 pm   Permalink

Our "tour guide" on the water taxi told us that the only pirate ever executed in Florida was hung from a palm tree at the edge of what is now the Bahia Cabana. Right about where the water taxi pick up is there. Florida's pirate history is right ther at the Bahia Mar and the Bahia Cabana!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 11:16 am   Permalink

Swanky,
Last night, I finally went down to the Conch House in St Augustine and listened to Hukilau performers "BIG Pineapple". They were super. Very mellow, very polished, very good! They played a wide variety of their original tunes, traditional hapa haole exotica and tunes from other genres that had been arranged for uke, double bass & steel guitar. My favorite (non-traditional) had to be their version of Danny Boy. Sounded very wistful, kinda like Sleepwalk, not weepy and sad.

I spoke to Gary, Randy and Rocky between sets and they are eagerly looking forward to the Hukilau, like the rest of us I guess. I could listen to them all day. Great choice.
-JTD

Edited for type-lexia

[ This Message was edited by: jtd on 2004-07-25 14:53 ]

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 12:57 am   Permalink

I am new to this forum and also this will be my first trip to Hukilau. Reading all these posts makes me even more excited! I can hardly wait! Plus, I've heard the Mai Kai puts all others to shame...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 2:38 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to announce that the Bahia Cabana is now completely full - SOLD OUT! If anyone is still planning to book rooms for Hukilau we are still offering a discounted rate at the Bahia Mar. Be sure to get info on the website!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-08-04 15:24 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 01:48 am   Permalink

Woo-hoo! I'm in for Hukilau! Bahai Mar, Dinner Cruise, Friday show all in order. Now I just have to call the Mai Kai during hours when they have someone who knows a little more about tickets to the shows.

(I can't help humming the Hukilau song repeatedly at work.)

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 08:31 am   Permalink

Monkeyskull,
They just add $10 to your dinner if you're seated in the viewing area. No need to worry about tickets, just make sure your reservation includes the show.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 10:30 am   Permalink

WOWIE ZOWIE!!!!
Nice BOAT!!!
Wish I was coming with you kids!!!
HAve fun! I'm jealous!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-12 11:09 pm   Permalink

Anyone know if the (2) hurricanes that are about to hit Tampa if they will be affecting Ft. Lauderdale or more importantly the Tikki Beach ship that the thursday night cruise will be on?

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst,
for I have lived today.
(Horace - Odes, Book III, xxix)

View Profile of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Send a personal message to Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave  Email Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Goto the website of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-19 11:08 am   Permalink

Well...now that my life has just allowed me more free time and I just got paid for a paid check I never knew I lost, I am able to buy a plane ticket to Florida so Hukilau here I come!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-19 11:31 am   Permalink

YAAAAAAAAYYYYY for Mrsmiley!!!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation