FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki in Video Games
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki in Video Games
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-14 2:01 pm   Permalink

I rented Crazy Taxi 3 for the X-Box and the game takes place in a Vegas-like city called Glitter Oasis. One of the hotels "on the strip" has a row of moai in front of it. The hotel is even called the Rapa Nui.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snarkoutgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-14 2:15 pm   Permalink

I just recently played Curse of Monkey Island on the PC (yes, I know I'm behind the times). I cracked up when the oh-so-piratey Scumm Bar was turned into the Lua Bar when the main character's back was turned! There were tiki-ish totem poles inside, the waitress wore a hula skirt and bikini top. The outside had flaming tiki torches. And of course, because it was a "cheesy" bar, the only food they sold was sushi.

View Profile of snarkoutgirl Send a personal message to snarkoutgirl  Email snarkoutgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-08-14 3:17 pm   Permalink

Similar to Crazy Taxi, Simpsons Road Rage on PS2 has an area where you drive through a minature golf course and there is a moai.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-14 3:51 pm   Permalink

While there's not really a legit reason to have a tiki in our WW2 flight combat game, this has inspired me to put at least one semi-obscure tiki in the cinematic sequence I'm working on right now. Unfortunately no one outside our dev team will see it til Xmas 2003

But as I'm the ONLY person doing the cinematic scenes for the whole game, rest assured that tiki will be well-represented

"In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy"

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot on 2002-08-14 15:53 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-14 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-14 14:15, snarkoutgirl wrote:I just recently played Curse of Monkey Island on the PC

I don't remember anything you're refering to... are you sure it's was "Curse Of Monkey Island" and not "Escape from Monkey Island" (which I never played)??

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snarkoutgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-15 09:31 am   Permalink

Duh, yes it was Escape from Monkey Island (not curse). Sorry about the confusion!

View Profile of snarkoutgirl Send a personal message to snarkoutgirl  Email snarkoutgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-15 09:49 am   Permalink

Mad Dash for X-Box has a tiki world in it... first level, I believe...

If you come over to my house and bring me a bottle of hooch, I'll let you play it, hee hee.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-09 07:47 am   Permalink

In Half-Life you can uhhmm.. mark your territory. I chose a bright green Moai.
Its fun to spray paint walls with reckless abandon.

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-12 2:29 pm   Permalink

Just got a PS2 to help me through the grom British winter months (lots of rain rather than fun snow) and my little brother gave me a PS2 mag. There was a little article mentioning that Kunami have moai's hiding in lots of games including Parodius, ISS Pro Evolution and Police 24/7 (No, me neither...)

Metal Gear Solid 2 is well known, though and there are 3 moai's somewhere in the game. If anyone's actually interested, I'll type out the instructions on how to find 'em, but I can't be arsed otherwise.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 12:55 pm   Permalink

Pretty addictive game online. I feel it's tikiesque. I mean the guy's wearing a mask. You can see palms and and outrigger. And there's a volcano. Click once on the mouse to start running, Click and hold to angle spear, release button before foul line. Reminds me of the old track and field game.

http://games.alentus.com/games/makai/games/spearthrow.swf?j=102

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 1:32 pm   Permalink

This seems to be a link to download the .SWF file - when I drop that file in my browser, all it does is play the "loading" graphic. Also - you cannot link to the games.alentus.com page - access denied! Any hints on how to get to this?

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 2:25 pm   Permalink

I found it on http://www.fark.com/ . Listed under thursdays posts. The headlinge is speartossing game more addictive than crack. We've been playing it all day at work. You may need shockwave or flash to play it.

Good Luck

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 2:35 pm   Permalink

My Bad. Seems fark adds a bit to the end. I cleared my temp internet files and it didn't work for me either. I edited the end of the url shoul work now.
http://games.alentus.com/games/makai/games/spearthrow.swf

Oh by the way I am a socialite now whoohooo. Does that mean I have to extend my pinky now?

Chris

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 6:04 pm   Permalink

Nope - even going to Fark & clicking on the link just takes me to a blank screen... I have Flash installed too.... Maybe it's a Mac problem!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 7:56 pm   Permalink

AAAAAAAAaaaaggghhh! Turbogod, why why WHY did you curse me with this game?? I'd almost made it through Friday the 13th unscathed... until THIS! I CAN'T STOP PLAYING!! I've been throwing this damn spear for almost an HOUR now, and STILL can't get on the top score board (I break 500 most times, but that 535 is damn elusive!! Any hints to improve?

No time to write more!

MUST

THROW

SPEAR!!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation