FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki in Video Games
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki in Video Games
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-10-29 09:17 am   Permalink

I suspect there is a lot more tiki's hidden in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, when i worked at Rockstar North last summer i swapped tiki mp3's with one of the level designers. If anyone spots any shops with the words "Non-stop" in the name then its one of my background textures, i'll be the only person playing the game just to see the scenery.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 12:31 pm   Permalink

hey guys and gals there was also a game on dreamcast called ooga booga. it's a kind of "deathmatch" game for lack of a better word. all of the people you control are little witchdoctor's and you run around an island and kill each other.

there is also a tiki lounge in tony hawk's underground.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-10-29 12:41 pm   Permalink

Hi Drunken Hat, do you have Oooga Booga? It sounds great.

Here's an excerpt from a review:

Tikis are large wooden monuments that can be activated by giving Tikis shrunken heads. When the required amount is given, the Tiki will awaken and being shooting shrunken heads at nearby opponents.

The entire review is here:
http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/165/165841p1.html

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 3:14 pm   Permalink

hakalugi- no i don't have that system. a friend brought his over to show me. you can get a used copy of the game on e-bay for less then 10 bucks if you have a dreamcast though.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 02:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-28 23:32, johnnievelour wrote:
Found this tiki theater in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
It's exactly like the picture of the Tiki Theater on page 23 in The Book of Tiki.

Ah! Just found that myself within about 5 minutes of playing the game (it's very close to the starting point) Here's the photo I took:

Yeah, I bet there are a few more in there. I have high hopes for the San Francisco section.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-05 10:13 am   Permalink

I just picked up "Pirates, the Legend of Black Cat" for my X Box. It has more tikis than you can shake a palm log at. There are idols all over the islands as well as special tikis with unique powers to help you get through you adventures.
Not only tikis but plenty of Piratey types, witchdoctors and lots of tropical island ambiance. I have taken to sailing my ship into neutral zone and positioning the view on the islands and leaving it there. You can enjoy the sounds and view without scurvy dogs firing at you.
There is also an entire gallery of conceptual art that has some awesome art in it.
A pretty neat game, I picked it up used for about eight doubloons.
Arrrrr,
Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-12-05 10:34 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 9:03 pm   Permalink

I just discovered an unsuspecting game with tiki in it!

It's called "Diner Dash" and is available on
shockwave among other sites. It's about a girl starting a restaurant career. You play a waitress waiting on customers. After the first stage she opens up a TikiI Bar. The further you go along, the cooler the tiki bar gets. Poles, drinks, bamboo, thatching, it's kind of cool.

Unfortunately, it's only for the PC. If you search around, you can unlock the game. Not that I have or anything.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-14 11:46 am   Permalink

In Tony Hawk's Undergroud game, the character goes to Hawaii and is able to skate around the Internatinal Trinket Centre that has a stall selling Tiki carvings.

He can also skate past a Tiki bar called the 'Evil Tiki', which has a huge Tiki outside (that you can skate into, revealing a hidden hell)

There's a lot more Tiki decor dotted about this level, but it's one of those games that are impossible to photograph properly as you need both hands to control your skater.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 10:44 am   Permalink

In Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer ther are tikis on the boat and you can play as one too

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-28 01:23 am   Permalink

I haven't tried this?

http://games.realarcade.com/game?rsrc=041230EMAL5S&gameid=bigkahunareef&mode=spnav&src=041230EMAL5S_rev1&cpath=email

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki on 2005-01-28 01:23 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 9:48 pm   Permalink

My wife picked me up a copy of Atari's Transformers game (b/c i'm also a TF geek). Anyways I was playing and I get dropped off at this S.P. Island. Right there on the beach front is a group of maoi statues staring at the sea. You can walk right up to them.. infact you have to hide behind them.

I'll try to get a screen shot

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 11:14 am   Permalink

I'm attempting to hide more tikis in the game I am currently working on, X-Men 3. It will be harder than the last game, though, since it was easy to hide tikis in cutscenes. Now I'm a level artist and they are pretty strict about mesh & texture memory. Also, it's not always clear where the player will have access to in the finished level, so it's hard to make a spot where you could, say, "stand in this corner and look up" or some such direction.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-02-16 11:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-02-16 11:15 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 9:23 pm   Permalink

I just got "The Mark of Kri" for PS2, and thought it's not truly polynesian tiki, the first couple of levels that I've advanced to have tiki and buddah like statues lying around.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 01:31 am   Permalink

Just a few pics of art from the game: the Mark of Kri

As you can see, it has not just "tiki" but also Moari mixed in as well, Check out his taiaha.

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 01:55 am   Permalink

I finally got to the Las Vegas section of GTA - San Andreas and look what's there:

Trader Woody

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation