FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 2:20 pm   Permalink

Really like the crossed arms. Keep up the good work!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 4:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Raffer, this one is looking Great!!. In the winter with the cold temp also comes Very low humidity which sucks the moisture out of wet logs in a hurry. Try covering it with a blanket when you are not working on it.
Can't wait to see this guy. The folded arms will add to his attitud greatly...
Very happyhappyhappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 9:05 pm   Permalink

Raff, you always put a fresh spin on things. It looks really nice with the big solid features... barely noticed the cracks. It will be great to see the legs emerge.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 05:34 am   Permalink

I think this one looks very cool. I am in awe of your work and your progress. I can't wait to see this one finished. Thank you for posting pic's!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 2:32 pm   Permalink

I can't recall if I ever saw a tiki with crossed arms, but I'm sure I must have, because it seems like a natural. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement guys. It makes the scrapes, cuts, and tweaked backs worthwhile.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 3:33 pm   Permalink

wow raffertiki, this last one's a real beauty!
It's so cool to see how you've progressed with your carving!

I just bought a tiny little set of chisels, and have a bit of wood from a tree that was taken down in my front yard. I just have to jump in a try it! I'm such a chicken. Should probably wait a bit, it's really wet cryptomeria japonica(japanese cedar) The first nations people around here use cedar for their totems and other carvings, so it might work for me too!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 11:07 am   Permalink

Wow , this is one of your best yet.
Is it gonna be a keeper? Cant wait to see it done.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 2:45 pm   Permalink

TWahine,

Really, just jump into it. If it doesn't turn out, burn it and chalk it up to experience. No one has to know. Then start again. But I'm sure you'll do fine.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 2:47 pm   Permalink

Rodeo,

I'm actually going to try to sell this, either to a surf shop, or a local "Tiki Bar" that doesn't have any tikis. Somewhere where I can get some exposure.

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 5:15 pm   Permalink

Sweet work Raffer! Stylin full body's already? Nice. I got some new logs with full bodies in them. I just have to dig them out.

Mahalo!

Keep us up to date.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 6:00 pm   Permalink

Go raffertiki Go! Go! Go! Go!
That is looking finer than fresh huckleberries
It will be cool to watch this one take more shape.
Ah spring, the birds are chirpin' and the wood chips are flyin'

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 9:57 pm   Permalink

So, Raff. How does oak carve?

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 06:16 am   Permalink

You are a CARVING MACHINE!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-20 08:53 am   Permalink

Dude! my favorite of yours so far. I love the crossed arms and the mouth. Does it go all the way through? either way - totally cool!
the surface cracks of the wood add a TON of character - they make it look older.

can't wait to see it finished! It's going to be hard to part with! (unless there is copious amounts of $$$$ waiting...)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 2:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:
So, Raff. How does oak carve?

Everyone kept saying, "Oak, that's too hard! But I love carving it. It holds the detail well, and I don't have to worry about it crumbling like the softer woods.

Quote:
I love the crossed arms and the mouth. Does it go all the way through?

No, I chickened out.

Thanks again everyone.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation