FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
MaD-TiKi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-08 9:43 pm   Permalink

Great work, don't think I can say anymore.

View Profile of MaD-TiKi Send a personal message to MaD-TiKi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 08:21 am   Permalink

Very nice, I love the cocky attitude he seems to have. Good Work!

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Are you keeping this guy for yourself?

Woo the Protector will be on display and for sale at the Kustom Kulture gallery.

Ben, I think adding the stain is my favorite part of the process.

Quote:
how long start to finish did it take?

About 4 weekends. I didn't track the hours, but I never sanded so much in my life.

Thanks MaD-Tiki.

Tammy, It's funny how they develope an attitude dispite what you had in mind for them.

Thanks guys.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 4:51 pm   Permalink

THANKS!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 6:40 pm   Permalink

I didn't realize you carve, too? These are great. From an artist perspective, your artwork all has a unique style all your own. It carries over to all of your mediums. The curve of a chin, the shape of an arm or the wink on an eye screams Raffertiki. I didn't expect to see it pop out of a piece of wood, but there it was. You have a way of turning art to gold. Wonder what you'll take on next?

I spent some extra time on your website this morning. You had some new stuff up that I hadn't seen, and I'd fallen behind on the Beachcomber saga. The strap-on tease got me to click...nice trick!

Is there anything you don't do?

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:00 pm   Permalink

Raffertiki,

Wow, your last tiki is a beauty. You have come a long way since your first tiki on this post. I love the folded arms and the aggro look of your most current showing. Keep up the killer carvings, they are becoming true works of fine art. If I could afford one and didn't already have 10 vagrant tikis in my backyard, I would be stoked.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 2:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I didn't realize you carve, too?

I tend to spread myself a little thin, but I can't seem to help myself.

Quote:
You have come a long way since your first tiki on this post.

I wouldn't have been able to get where I am without the inspiration, tips, and encouragement from the fine peeps in creating tiki.

Thanks beachin and SCTikiShack!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 3:29 pm   Permalink

hey raffer!

I really like this guy. The folded arms and the wooden loin cloth turned out awesome. And that stain! Man, the unstained carving is awesome, but that stain really brings everything to life!

VERY well done, I look forward to the next one!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 5:08 pm   Permalink

Swee-diddly-eet Raffs! I just knew the stain was gonna seal the deal.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 10:39 am   Permalink

Thanks polynesiac and Chongolio. The color of the stain is Jacobean. I never heard of it before, but really like it.

I'll be starting the next one just after I cut the lawn.

Mahalo.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 9:32 pm   Permalink

Wow, Raff. I guess this carving thing really got ahold of ya. I agree, the stain really came out nice. But they all come to life with the finish, don't they? I also like the pattern on the loincloth.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 07:25 am   Permalink

The finish is amazing. You just get better and better.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coconut KC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-16 3:03 pm   Permalink

Great carving, I really like the name, it's spot on.

View Profile of Coconut KC Send a personal message to Coconut KC  Email Coconut KC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 3:12 pm   Permalink

Aaron'sA, finkdaddy, & Coconut KC,

Thanks for your complements. I think I've finally reached the next level with this one.

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 5:58 pm   Permalink

Raffer... sweet job on the shy guy! ummmm... that's a mighty long loincloth!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation