FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 8:08 pm   Permalink

Nice Tiki! Looks Tiki to me and very unique, nice.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 8:27 pm   Permalink

I agree with McDougall, there is some really nice detail going on there. Is it the light or do I see a few teeth in that mouth. Keep it up, Speed it up and give more pictures. More, More.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-03-22 20:27 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 11:52 am   Permalink

Nice job on that tiki!
I like how he turned out - it's got a different look to him and it looks great.

Looks like those chisels are calling now more often....

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 1:37 pm   Permalink

Nice job. I think he reminds me of the General in the new Planet of the Apes movie.
Good luck on the new log.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 2:08 pm   Permalink

Transformers....more than meets the eye.

Very cool, he's definitely a guard tiki.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 7:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys,

Yes those are indeed teeth.

I have heeded the call of the chisel, and have more than a few designs sketched out. I'm still trying to find my voice in this medium. I though my seven foot log was pretty dry until I debarked it last night. It will need some drying time. Luckily I have a few more smaller logs to work on, as well as my artwork, a screenplay, and a new idea for a book. This is all starting to cut into my drinking time.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 7:50 pm   Permalink

double post

[ This Message was edited by: nice fishy on 2004-03-24 04:55 ]

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 10:02 pm   Permalink

If you need any help I'll be glad to jump in Not sure what I could do but situations arise that need to be resolved. Every feature on a woodcarving is a situation that needs to be resolvedHave fun.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 06:35 am   Permalink

Hey Benzart, Maybe you can finish this screenplay for me. It's a gross out rock n roll love story, and I'm stuck 3/4s in.

Actually, about my wet log situation. I-m planning to let it sit, off the ground, and covered with a tarp. Is there anything else I can do?

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 07:25 am   Permalink

NiceFishy how long has it been cut down and what kind of tree is it? These are two important questions that will help.
If it is a Palm of some kind just go ahead and carve it. If it is White pine or in the pine family, it should dry several months above ground prefrably under a cover, roof, garage or similar. Hope this vague answer helps.

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 4:37 pm   Permalink

Benzart, It's been cut down for about 5 or 6 months. I'm not sure what it is, but it has thick chunky bark.

Gorilla from Planet of the Apes, or a gaurd? Yeah, I can see that. What about one of the wicked witch's soildiers from The Wizard of Oz?

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 7:07 pm   Permalink

Sounds like some kind of pine. You could probably carve it if you put a finish on it right away. Checks are cool anyways.

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-13 08:57 am   Permalink

This one measures 2 inches shy of 7'. It was kind of an experiment, and was carved on a nasty piece of wood called Locust.

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-13 09:12 am   Permalink

I love the idea of the plant growing on top! That will add a lot of character! Great job!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-13 12:06 pm   Permalink

Allright! He's back! I was hoping that you'd return to the chisels...I'm guessing your eye is okay?

This carving looks great, and the color looks really good as well. Nice job. Is it going in your front yard to scare the locals?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation