FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 2:02 pm   Permalink

The loincloth is actually kind of tight, hence the un-amused expression.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnoTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-21 04:12 am   Permalink

Sweet Tiki, really really nice

View Profile of OnoTiki Send a personal message to OnoTiki  Email OnoTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 2:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks OnoTiki.

In the meantime, I haven't been slacking off. No really. This new one measures 4' 10.5". If he had been 1.5" taller he wouldn't have gotten stuck with the name "The Little Kahuna." I've just roughed out his head and headdress. The body is next. This bad boy is definately designing himself. He looks nothing like the sketches.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ This Message was edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-05-22 14:28 ]

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 4:12 pm   Permalink

wow...this one is gonna be fun to watch
Raffer...great start...love the headdress!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 6:07 pm   Permalink

Looks great bro. Cannot wait to see it done!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 8:17 pm   Permalink

I can't wait to see it done too. This is a pretty Fancy headdress you have goin here, He defenanely looks like he wants to have a hand in things. Keep up the good work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 8:47 pm   Permalink

Hey Raffertiki-

The detail is looking fine in this guy! Great start, I can't wait to see it finished too...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 9:52 pm   Permalink

Nice headpiece, Raff! Hey, thanks for the tips on filling in cracks. I think I'm going to try it. It will be exciting to see this new tiki of yours go from rough to fine detail.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:41 am   Permalink

Wow , Your really pushing yourself Raff. These just keep getting better and better.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:43 am   Permalink

Very nice work.
Are you using a chainsaw?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 6:08 pm   Permalink

Lovin that headrest dude.

Can't wait to see more pics!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 6:59 pm   Permalink

I'm starting to appreciate the importance of a headdress on a tiki. They are daunting to get started on, but Ben inspired me with his incredible Lono carvings.

Quote:
Are you using a chainsaw?

So far to cut out the big wood from the headdress and the notch under his chin. Then it was chisels and a grinder.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 7:36 pm   Permalink

dang, Raffer, you keep raising the bar, and i just tripped over the last setting!

looking forward to seeing it finished!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:07 pm   Permalink

Heya Raffer-fishy!
that is one crazy headress...you and ben have that wacky headress thing goin' on lately.

That tiki is really taking shape! and yeah...funny how they never look like their sketch.

Can't wait to see the updates with the face and body done! It's gonna be cool

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 6:31 pm   Permalink

Palama, trust me, I'm trying to scramble over the bars like everyone else.

Poly, that crazy headdress thing, is Ben raising the bar. Lono bless him.

Thanks guys.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation