FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 2:29 pm   Permalink

Can you show your original sketch on that anyway? Wow, that headdress is impressive..

edit: not headrest

[ This Message was edited by: Capt'n Skully on 2005-05-28 15:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Capt'n Skully on 2005-05-28 15:47 ]

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 2:50 pm   Permalink

Aye-aye Capn',

I was going for a traditional tiki so I could concentrate on the headdress. But the headdress went askew, and today, this guy took a radically bizarre turn. It's so different that I can't post an update until it's at least stained and/or finished.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 3:05 pm   Permalink

This is gonna be good! Major headdress going on! Good luck. I'm not attempting one of those for a while yet! Lookin good.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 3:08 pm   Permalink

Damn Raff, Why you gotta be so cruel. Cant wait to see it..

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-28 14:50, Raffertiki wrote:

...But the headdress went askew, and today, this guy took a radically bizarre turn. It's so different that I can't post an update until it's at least stained and/or finished.

I hope this isn't a sore spot, but please don't tell us he now the "Littler Kahuna"...

What's the trick with using a grinder? I bought one, turned it on, turned it off, and shelft it. I had that feeling I should be wearing fullbody leather and a shield, not sandals and protective eyewear.

[ This Message was edited by: Capt'n Skully on 2005-05-28 15:48 ]

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-29 11:59 am   Permalink

Looks great. Still cant wait till its done.

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-29 12:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I hope this isn't a sore spot, but

Not a sore spot, I just go with the flow. Sometimes you redeisign as you go other times the tikis design themselves. This one is a little of both.

Guys, this one is going to be a tiki like you haven't seen before, I guarantee.

Quote:
What's the trick with using a grinder?

It just takes some getting used to. I usually make the deep cuts with a chainsaw, then round'em off with the grinder. It will save you some blisters.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 2:23 pm   Permalink

The Little Kahuna has gone tourist. He still needs some work, but is shaping up nicely.

A closeup of his hawaiian-style shirt, and Napolean pose.

He kind of reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield.

By next update he should be sporting a multi-color stained shirt and a brand new tan

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 7:34 pm   Permalink

WOW! Looks great! Cannot wait to see it done!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 7:43 pm   Permalink

RAffer, your tiki has done been UpTown shopping in the fancy tiki store, What a neat idea. I have Never seen a tiki wearing a Hawaiian silk shirt, Beautiful, original and unique.
HappyHappyHappy :):)

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 8:06 pm   Permalink

That is the most unique thing I have seen. Raff has raised the bar once again.
Very cool , Cant wait to see it done.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 8:40 pm   Permalink

great idea with the shirt...love the pose
and grin...very nice effort...getting back
to the shirt...it looks really comfortable!

[ This Message was edited by: congatiki on 2005-05-30 20:41 ]

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 9:23 pm   Permalink

Hah! That will be one of a kind for sure! Will there be any paint involved, or strictly stain?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 05:05 am   Permalink

Thats a funny look on his face, what's he got hold of under his shirt???
The more I see it the Neater he becomes. Very nice!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Hah! That will be one of a kind for sure! Will there be any paint involved, or strictly stain?

I'll use 3 or 4 different stains. I had green, and a red ones mixed at Home Depot. I really want to keep the wood grain as live as possible.

I've decided to leave the traditional tikis to the pros, and create tikis with my own artistic/twisted approach. Though I may still try some traditionals for learning purposes.

Thanks guys, for the encouragement. It motivates me to keep at it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation