FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 1:09 pm   Permalink

What a HOOT! I admire your creative style!

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 6:17 pm   Permalink

that guy is looking great, love the shirt, can't wait to see how it turns out with all the various stain colors. Very good imagination, i don't think i have ever seen a tiki with a shirt, but heck,after seeing how good it looks i would not be suprised if there are not more in the future.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 11:12 pm   Permalink

Hey Raffertiki- That's a cool piece. As a Dangerfield fan AND a tiki fan, I'm a fan of your tiki!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 08:10 am   Permalink

very creative ... be careful not to break his toes. The styling is exactly what I have been thinkin of doing... did he have pants on?

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 8:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys, and gals. This guy is starting to grow on me.

Quote:
As a Dangerfield fan AND a tiki fan, I'm a fan of your tiki!

I got to see RD live at the Jones Beach Theater a while back. He was a classic.

Quote:
The styling is exactly what I have been thinkin of doing... did he have pants on?

Speedos.

I'm hoping to stain him this weekend. I want to add some detail to the headdress, but the wood is beginning to get dry and crumbly. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 6:06 pm   Permalink

I started, this morning, carving a leaf pattern on the headdress. Boy am I out of my league. This is going to involve far more sanding than I am comfortable with. Arggghhhhh! There will be no further pics until I get this under control.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 6:42 pm   Permalink

super cool ! ! The original approach is the way to go. This thing is going to be AWESOME. That's what I like about TC.One person inspires another who inspires another who inspires the first guy [or gal]. It's like a great upward spiral of art.

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 7:40 pm   Permalink

Go Raffer, Go Go Raffer, Go Go Go Raffertiki go
We know you can do it and we know not what you are going to do so whatever you do will blow us away, Raffertiki ROCKS

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 07:12 am   Permalink

Thanks Saxotica, and welcome to TC. This is definately the place to get inspired.

Ben, do you have any advice for sanding the tight nooks and crannies?

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 07:24 am   Permalink

Hey Raf, thats one sweet tiki you got there. Can't wait to see him stained

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 07:34 am   Permalink

Raffer.. you win the award for most creative! great job!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 4:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hewey. Paloma, I not done yet.

So here's the update, I decided to give the Little Kahuna a pineapple haircut. But I'm feeling way over my head on this. The wood suddenly got very dry, and it became more and more difficult to make clean cuts.

So how do I polish this sucker? I've had some success with small hand chisels, but it's not enough, and sanding will take forever. Does anyone have a nice easy tip for a fool that tried to jump too high?

[ This Message was edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-06-05 16:33 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 05:35 am   Permalink

Hey RAffer, check out these tikis from over in the Main page in the HIP thread. The headdress looks Awfully familiar, hmmmm..

How did they get theirs that way? I think they must have seen yours and modeled them after it??

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2005-06-06 05:35 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 07:44 am   Permalink

That is one old pic, look at the dude waling... Love the socks

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 08:28 am   Permalink

Damn, I wish I saw that sooner. I used way too many cuts.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation