FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 09:07 am   Permalink

great work, li really like seeing people step outside the traditional style and then incorporation the traditional tattoos and feel.

excelent work

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 9:48 pm   Permalink

Tons of character! I love it.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 04:09 am   Permalink

I'll be honest that I wasn't sure about this guy until the homestretch. The tats really ratched up his attitude level. I applied the first coat of varnish which was saoked up liike a sponge. He will need at least 2 more coats, probably 3.

Thanks everyone for your compliments. Reading them was sure a nice way to finish up a long day.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 5:17 pm   Permalink

Mate, thanks for the pics. Looking at them was a top way to finish off a long day

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 11:25 am   Permalink

This guy is something else! Great work, Raffertiki. It's clear to see you have raised the bar on this guy...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 5:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hewey.

Sam, I think my next one is going to drag me way past my comfort/skill level. I'll need to get my tools sharpened for that one.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 12:05 pm   Permalink

Okay, so this one is signed, sealed, and delivered. Yes I sold him.

Here he is with 4 coats of marine varnish (satin finish).

He went to a good home, so it was easy to let him go. The fun part was delivering him in the passenger seat of my little Del Sol. I got more than a few double-takes.

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 4:14 pm   Permalink

Congrats Raff, on making such a beautiful carving and on the sale also.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 4:37 pm   Permalink

Very nice piece, love the light wood, great carving.

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 5:41 pm   Permalink

Raff, he came out fantastic! That's got to be one the coolest carvings that I've seen here. I know you got some inspiration fron Benz, but it really came out unique.

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 6:48 pm   Permalink

Great job Raffer, abosolutely great!. I really love the pose, the way the arms are crossed, The eyes, the tongue, the Tats. the whole look looks great, I Love this guy Raffer Is he a long last algonquin brother of mine??? I see my strong influence in him, you have done well my brother. You must now show us more

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 05:32 am   Permalink

Thanks Rodeo, Fez Ape.

AA - Yes this guy was definately Benz inspired, which means it was an awesome learning piece for me. I'm glad he was as well received as he was. I might have to revisit this design soon.

Quote:
You must now show us more

Ben - I started a new one yesterday.

Thanks guys.

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 11:38 am   Permalink

CREATIVE! LOVE the maori touch on the cheeks. Yes, style has emerged. I don't want to develop a style, 'cause there's so many styles to try! I'll have to someday.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:06 pm   Permalink

nice orginal design. i like the arms crossed. THe face has nice deep cuts,and good looking tattoos. i like the mouth with the tongue and the teeth. Looks good, very impressive.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Raffertiki-

That guy turned out great! Good to know that he went to a good home too. When ya starting on the next one????

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation