FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:19 pm   Permalink

Surfin, I too try different styles, but they all seem to look similar, somehow.

Octane, I think the crossed arms will be a recurring theme for me. It makes it a "protector tiki" and damn if I don't give them a lot of good mojo for the rightful owner.

Sam, the next one is already started. I'm way outto my league with it, but I'm going to try.

Thanks guys.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 5:43 pm   Permalink

Raffer, thats the best way to improve your carving skills. Reach higher and try something you think is beyond your skill level. What happens is that you will find a way to "Solve" the problems when you get to them. When you are done, your skill level will be much higher. You have already come a long way since you first started asking us "Carvers" how to stop the hurting hands or something like that. We have All watched your tikis continually get better and better and you have developed a "Raffertiki" style that is very distinguishably yours.
Keep up the good work and keep reaching for that Next level. You CAN Do it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 08:43 am   Permalink

Raffertiki,

A while ago you asked me how long it took to develop my style, it looks like that is a question I should be asking you. The latest tiki you created is outstanding. It kind of reminds me of some of the tough guy surfers around here who like to hang around the cliffs and vibe people. It has the tattoos and smashed nose all it needs is a forty ouncer. I always look forward to seeing your new ideas.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 2:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah Benz, it's kind of like training for a marathon, you keep running a little farther each time until you can haul the entire 26.2 miles. Except there is no finishline in site with carving. Who knows where it will take you? And thank you for the inspiration.

Wow thanks SC. The new one is going to be completely different from what I've done so far. Hopefully I can measure up to the challenge.

By the way, on 2 occasions I've found 2 different Praying Mantises on the head of the new one. Would you guys consider it a sign?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 9:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 14:43, Raffertiki wrote:
By the way, on 2 occasions I've found 2 different Praying Mantises on the head of the new one. Would you guys consider it a sign?

Its a sign that this tiki attracts preying mantis. The mantis gods smile upon you.

Nice work on that last too. Looks great with the stain.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 3:07 pm   Permalink

Okay it's been a while since I've posted any carving pics, but a business trip killed one weekend, and working on my bathroom all but killed another one. But enough of zees lame excuses. Here are 3 views of the Headhunter I've been working on.

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 3:08 pm   Permalink

I forgot to mention, I'm going to drill a hole in his hands so he will be holding a tiki torch.

saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 3:16 pm   Permalink

awesome!

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 5:58 pm   Permalink

Raffer, this guy is reallyway Out there. I Love it. A Tiki wearing a tiki mask andwhat, a hula skirt?? What ever it is I think this one is really going to be an Awesome one.
Keep these guys coming...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 6:01 pm   Permalink

Its well done with lots of character. One of your best.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 6:48 pm   Permalink

raffer this one is really nice...you are coming up with
some great ideas...fantastic effort!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-27 8:06 pm   Permalink

Thumbs up on this guy. How tall is he? If you posted that info, I missed it.

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 8:23 pm   Permalink

You are still a carving maniac! Interruptions or not! Lookin very cool, Raffertiki...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 9:12 pm   Permalink

By the way, Raffertiki, how tall is he? Will you paint or just stain this one? A little color would make the mask look cool!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 9:21 pm   Permalink

Way to go Raffertiki!! That gut is really cool. I can see what you ment by pushing the envelope!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation