FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 9:23 pm   Permalink

That's a "life of the party" tiki for sure. The expression is great and the grass skirt shows a lot of movement. If you can bring all that out of a log, you've got it knocked. And it's not even finished...

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 10:20 pm   Permalink

Another awesome carving. Love the mask and the hula skirt. he looks so cheeky! Another piece I would love in my yard.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-28 08:21 am   Permalink

What a great way to start a rainy Sunday morning. You guys do realize that you're just encouraging me to keep this carving stuff up.

Yes that is a grass skirt, but it will be more obvious when I carve out his ankles and feet.

He's only about 4' tall, but makes up for it with his type A personality.

I do plan to use different colored stains, and some paint. I haven't completely worked out how I'm going to do it yet, but there is still a lot of chipping away and sanding ahead of me before I have to really address it.

Thanks everyone.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-28 10:17 am   Permalink

Raffer this guy is AWESOME. I love the mask on the tiki. Can't wait to see him done.

You are one original carver...very cool!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 9:30 pm   Permalink

So, what ever happened to our fearless headhunter? Hit by poisonous darts? Eaten by cannibals? Converted by missionaries???

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 10:43 pm   Permalink

thats a great idea, and it looks awsome raff...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 8:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. The Headhunter is waiting patiently for me to stop being so busy. I'm thinking I can give him some quality time this Sunday. The bathroom is coming along fine though.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 7:57 pm   Permalink

Okay I'm trying real hard not to slack off on this guy, but it's like living on the Rain Planet around here lately, and it's supposed to rain through the coming weekend as well. Waaahhhhh!

http://www.NiceFishy.com

Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 05:42 am   Permalink

stupid rain!

Great creative, original work there Raffer! hopefully the sun god will win out soon and let you get back to work.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 07:00 am   Permalink

Boy what an Evil grin this guy has. If you sit there long enough, just looking at it, you will have Nightmares even Before you get to sleep. Creepy. I really Love it Raffer.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:21 pm   Permalink

I cant wait to see this guy done . Ben is right about the grin. I am going to go now and make sure my doors locked.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 3:30 pm   Permalink

Raffer-
The smile on his face just draws you to him. The whole idea of a Tiki wearing a mask and with the grass skirt is very original. You have great talent.
Do you live in Long Island NY?
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 3:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks Paloma, Ben, Rodeo, and Moondance. Yeah this guy has dental issues, but I think that is part of his charm.

I think the rain is supposed to stop tomorrow morning, but this guy is soaked. Hopefully I can make some headway tomorrow.

Moondance, (a friend of mine has a horse named "Moon Dancer") I live in Huntington, L.I., NY. Do you have roots here?

http://www.NiceFishy.com

PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 5:50 pm   Permalink

I have seen your stuff progress and I like each new one better than the last. I can't wait to see the finished piece on this one.

ps nice meeting you at Hukilau

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 06:31 am   Permalink

Aloha raffertiki!!!!!!

that headhunter tiki is really cool!!!!!! I love your creativity on your carvings keep up the killer chisel blazing!!!!
It was great to meet you at the Hukilau! Aloha , mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation