FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 )
Son of Headhunter
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 3:00 pm   Permalink

Raffer, I Just saw your "Moon over Broadway" and I LOVE IT. That would be a Neat and Dangerous thing to do. Doing any carving recently??? Missin you.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 3:29 pm   Permalink

Ben, I've been quiet lately. First I bought a bike, then I threw out my back, that and all the rain we've been having is messing up my carving schedule. Hopefully I can get something done on Saturday. Thanks for checking up on me.

Thanks Hewey and Duddy. I'll keep 'em coming.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ This Message was edited by: Raffertiki 2006-11-28 15:31 ]

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-28 4:15 pm   Permalink

I want to see your log too.

CARVE, nice-raffer...CARVE

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:25 pm   Permalink

I was thinking there was some more pics when I read the title...

Rest up, and then get back into it man

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 7:18 pm   Permalink

I know I know. I took off from work tomorrow to take my motorcycle licence roadtest and was hoping to get in at least a little carving, but they are saying thunderstorms. I can't catch a break. This new guy is coming out good but I just don't want to post a pic until he's fleshed out. I will post pics on Sunday either way.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 3:21 pm   Permalink

Some progress on the HeadHunter 2. This wood is so freaking hard that when I use the chizel coal-like chunks chop off. Cherry wood makes for some mighty slow going, but I think it will look sweet when it's finally done.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 6:41 pm   Permalink

Most Excellent Raffer and about time too. Glad you could make it. I really like this HH2 a Lot.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 6:26 pm   Permalink

Woohooo! Hes back in the game Doesnt it feel good?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-12 10:01 am   Permalink

Raffer,

I meant to compliment you on starting another killer looking tiki.
It looks like it is going to be nice. Do you have anymore progress pic's?
Hopefully life is treating you well.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 4:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys! This one is going slow, I worked on the face a bit, and will hopefully finish roughing out the body over the weekend. It will be mostly chisels now, as the chainsaw isn't having much effect. So no new progress pics yet. After this one I am sticking with oak. I guess I had to learn the hard way.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation