FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 7:34 pm   Permalink

Ben and Sam, That same ole lady offered me the car for $500. Should I take it? ; )

Polynesiac, I'm going to stay away from real fire, except in my tiki torches. This wood is very dry. Though if I change my mind I'll go with Freddie F's suggestion.

Thanks all, for the compliments. I have a ways to go.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 11:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-13 19:34, Raffertiki wrote:
Ben and Sam, That same ole lady offered me the car for $500. Should I take it? ; )

$500 for that piece of junk? Not in a million years!

To myself: Now WHERE did I put her phone number??????

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 05:40 am   Permalink

See if you can get her down to $200, I think you can resell it to Sam for the $500

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 5:29 pm   Permalink

This one is for my friend Fuzzy Bob who helped me out big-time getting ready for my party. Yes, he likes to fish.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-04 7:13 pm   Permalink

Cool one of a kind tiki! He'd look neat too if you put one of those yellow fisherman hats on him and stuck a pipe in his mouth!

Uh...or not. He looks cool just the way he is.
Nice job nice fish...errrr...raffertiki!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 07:20 am   Permalink

Thanks Polynesiac. His heads too big for a hat, but the pipe could work.

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 08:33 am   Permalink

Again Raff, very cool work! I love the features of this one, Fuzzy Bob should be a happy man upon receiving him.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 09:44 am   Permalink

Nice stuff, Raffertiki.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 12:13 pm   Permalink

Well done. I especially like the facial features. Keep 'em coming.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 3:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks Toa, 8ft, and BK. One more coat of varnish before I can deliver it. I'll let you know if he likes it.

Wow, Basement Kahuna said "nice stuff," about one of my carvings. I feel like my chisels just turned to gold.

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 7:18 pm   Permalink

I really like your work. Gives me something to strive for, amongst all the other talented people here.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 08:40 am   Permalink

Very nice work, Raffertiki. I really like the fish on it. There's a totem pole in downtown Wyandotte, Michigan with a fish carved in it that goes back as long as I can remember. Your tiki jogged my memory.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 1:13 pm   Permalink

Sam, we don't really have anything statuesque in downtown Huntington. It mest be nice. Maybe I can sell them on a tiki pole.

Anyways, here's the fishertiki with 3 coats of Spar Varnish and some matelflake green. I dropped it off at my friends house today, but he won't be home until Tuesday to see it.

I would have loved to see his face.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 2:07 pm   Permalink

That fish is really cool. What a great personalized tiki, Very nice job I am sure your buddy will have to pick his jaw off the floor when he see it.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 9:35 pm   Permalink

Really, really, really like it.

Is it my imagination, or did that fishy turn a little green? Did you hit it with a little paint on top of the stain? Nice effect, beautiful tiki, excellent work!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation