FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-12 11:21 am   Permalink

That kicks butt Raffer.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-12 12:16 pm   Permalink

I love the swing and sway this tiki has going.
Awesome work.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-12 2:56 pm   Permalink

Ben, bigger is better as far as I'm concerned. I just need to hire a troll to move the logs for me. Damn wood is heavy.

Thanks Rodeo, yeah, I was hoping it would go for more, but there was a little bidding war going on for it, so I'm happy.

Thanks Surfin.

Pablus, I think that swing and sway has a lot to do with the chilly willies going on here. Hopefully he'll still have his groove come spring time.

Thanks all for the encouragement. The search for a new log is ongoing.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-20 5:01 pm   Permalink

I picked up another log yesterday. I thought I was gonna get help, but it was free so I can't complain. This one measures 5'8" by 18" wide. I can't wait to start carving, but I tweaked by lower back. My chiropracter is gonna love me, but I think I need to rethink the big logs.

[ This Message was edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-03-20 17:22 ]

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-20 9:08 pm   Permalink

Jeez Raff, be careful buddy. You know how those old back injuries are - they just never go away (and yours isn't that old either). How were you moving it, anyways?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 05:13 am   Permalink

Yeah, take it easy with the big logs(18", Lots o' Log), but hurry and post pictures now that you have it. Just be careful

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 3:02 pm   Permalink

Aaron, they pointed to the far end of the property and said, "Take what you need." I soon realized I was getting no help, so I found the only log I could maybe handle, backed the Rav4 as close to it as I could, then managed to stand it up and "walk it" until I could tip it in. I realized how out of shape I actually am from sitting on my ass all winter, but I wasn't leaving empty handed.

Ben, you know pics are coming. I'm going to try to sell this to a restaurant that claims to have a tiki bar out back in the summer, but has no tiki to speak of.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 7:59 pm   Permalink

Sounds like all you have to do is tell him about that group of customers who were laughing because there were No Tikis in the TIKI Bar. Then tell him you just Happen to make them in your spare time and for the right price you'll fix him up

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 8:05 pm   Permalink

I like it. Now I have a log and a plan. Carving begins on Saturday.

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 5:15 pm   Permalink

I drove home after work today and found three five-plus foot oak logs beside my driveway. I turns out my friend Fuzzy Bob left 'em for me.

Pretty damn cool.

surfgoof
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-14 5:19 pm   Permalink

cool, reminds me of a gorilla with a hat on it's head
-surfgoof

View Profile of surfgoof Send a personal message to surfgoof      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfgoof
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-14 5:22 pm   Permalink

lol,, woops!! i was checking out the first page!!

View Profile of surfgoof Send a personal message to surfgoof      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 6:19 pm   Permalink

Thats really nice when you find the log gifts. I used to have a few trimmers that would drop off logs on their way to the dump. Just by the size and cuts and tools used I could narrow it down to the doner. They were always surprised I knew who each pile was from. I had the best log pile of any of the south Fla carvers. They would come around mooching wood from me.
What ya' gonna do with them thare Oaken logs boy? Yer gonna show us pitchersalong the way, right?
HappyHappyHappy

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 1:58 pm   Permalink

This one's been taking a while, hence the surface cracks and wood filler. I can't beleive how quickly this wood dried out, it was wet when I started.

Still it's turning out half decent and is my most ambitious piece so far. It measures 5'8".

I still need to carve out the legs and feet, and some detail work, and much more staining.

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 2:19 pm   Permalink

Wow!!! Just got done with my first... It isnt as easy as it looks

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation