FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2nd Annual NW Territory Tiki Crawl - Tickets Available Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
2nd Annual NW Territory Tiki Crawl - Tickets Available Now!
Sea-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-29 10:28 am   Permalink

Aloha all. Just caught Lushy again in Seattle at the Seattle Art Museum on Thursday night. They were sooo good; they played the whole set from the Oasis, at least. But you should have seen the rain! Must admit I'm patiently awaiting their reappearance a bit later in the "summer" months. Their sound is 50 degrees hotter than the weather in this damn town!

View Profile of Sea-Tiki Send a personal message to Sea-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-01 10:52 pm   Permalink

Hi Everyone - Exiting Crawl News to Report!

Selector Lopaka is very kindly creating an 25 track exclusive mix cd for the 2004 NW Tiki Crawl. We're calling it 'Music to Crawl By!'

Selector Lopaka has indicated that it will contain some rare exotica and Hawaiian music that not everybody will have in their collections.

This CD will only available to those who purchase their tickets by June 7th - so if you know you're coming but haven't bought your ticket yet - now is the time!

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-06 9:41 pm   Permalink

Another Update - We'll be having a raffle during the Saturday night Jasmine Tree portion of the event. Each attendee will recieve one raffle ticket, and more tickets will be available that night.

The raffle prizes for this years event have grown significantly since the planning
stages - so far, the prizes are :

- Caliente Tropics 2 night package
- 2 Days at the Neskowin Condo at
Proposal Rock Inn
- A Tiki Bar Chalkboard by Tiki Maxton
- A Poly-pop Shield carved by Tikitronic
- Multiple treasures by Woofmutt
- and a mug from Munktiki (details
forthcoming)

Details, images, and a full list of raffle prizes will be maintained at
http://www.nwtiki.com/raffle.html

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-06 11:04 pm   Permalink

And let's not forget The Big, Mysterious, Tiki Grab Boxes of Mystery! Nobody knows what treasures might be found inside these mysterious boxes (of mystery). A previously unknown Ren Clark mug? An original, hand-painted Trechikoff? The pickled and preserved brain of Trader Vic? Get real! But there will be surprises galore in store for the lucky winner of one of these exciting, mysterious collections...

...of MYSTERY!

And you can't win if you don't buy a ticket to the crawl! How can you sleep at night thinking about how good your chances might be to win one of these fabulous prizes, if only you'd get around to buying your crawl ticket? Face it, you can't! So get on over to
http://www.nwtiki.com and get your tickets now! NOW, I say! Don't put your family through another day of this sweating, maddening uncertainty! You owe it to your loved ones to BUY A TICKET NOW! We only say it because we care about you. You know that, don't you?

Hugs,

TikiMaxton
(who is quite obviously taking advantage of the fact that he still has some rum left over from his memorial day shindig)

Edited to correct a number of rum-soaked mispellings

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMaxton on 2004-06-06 23:07 ]

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-10 08:18 am   Permalink

TIKI GRAB BOXES OF MYSTERY?!? YUM!!!

Couldn't resist. Just bought my full-package ticket.

But hey, you knew I was coming anyway, right? lol That little taste of PortlandTiki last month merely whetted my appetite!

Hotelwise, I genuinely endorse The Palms. It's shabby but clean, the fridge and microwave concept rules, the bathtub was entertainingly weird, and, most of all, the SIGN is a religious experience.

(What I especially enjoyed is that the owner totally agrees with me about that! He will happily give you a snapshot of it and tell you about his plans to make the monkey move UP and DOWN the tree!)

And besides, it's SO DAMNED CHEAP!!! which leaves more $$ for thrifting and drinking...AND AND AND it's ACROSS THE STREET from the Alibi! 'nuff said.

Maxtons, Tikimama and Melintur, MrTikibar and SparkleGem and family--I am very much looking forward to seeing you all again!

XOX Tikivixen

p.s. Crampus Rules.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalikiana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-10 9:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the hotel info everyone! After weighing all the options and everyone's helpful reviews, I think I'll go for the Palms myself...especially after seeing that cool sign!
I found their web page with a pic of the sign, here 'tis.

http://www.palmsmotel.com/index2.html

I'm looking forward to meeting you all at the Crawl! Cheers! K

View Profile of Kalikiana Send a personal message to Kalikiana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-14 3:35 pm   Permalink

Tiki Vixen!
It is wonderful to hear that you will be coming to the crawl!! It was great fun on your last visit. Hope that we can go shopping while you are here. Frances and Krampus say HI, too!
Very Best,
Gem

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-14 3:50 pm   Permalink

Tikivixen--you were a selling point of the event for me--I booked after I saw you were going! I look forward to meeting you...shall I expect you to be wearing red? I have recruited my sister so far and possibly a friend that lives in Vancouver and I gave someone else a kick in the pants so he'll buy his ticket.

Does anyone know the TIMES that the events start? What time are we to meet at the Alibi on Saturday? What time does the Home Bar Tour start and where do we meet on that? Since I am trying to coordinate things I need to know this info (I didn't see it on the web...direct me to it if it's posted somewhere). Thanks so much!!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-14 4:33 pm   Permalink

There will be a new thread for the crawl as we move down the home stretch, so keep an eye open for it. Until then, here's the tentative schedule for the Crawl:

Saturday, 6/26:
6:00 pm: Meet and Greet at Alibi
7:30-8:00 pm: Begin making our way to Jasmine Tree via the MAX train.
8:00 - Close: Party hardy at Jasmine Tree!

Sunday, 6/27:
Noon: Meet at Mr. Tikibar's place.
1:00 ish: Board the WikiWiki bus for a tour of the remaining 4 bars.
6:00 pm: Arrive back at Mr. Tikibar's.

More detailed itinerary to be posted soon!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-15 09:44 am   Permalink

arrrrgh,
wish I was gonna be in town for that!
Made it down to Portland this last weekend, and FINALLY got to see the Alibi. WONDERFUL! Mai Tais were tasty, but
WEAK!!! dernit. 3 of em didn't do anything to me. fooey. But Karaoke was fun, and I took some pix. On the way out, i got a great pic of the Palms. Looked much nicer and cleaner than their site shows. I'll post it soon I hope. Didn't see any tiki folks from the board, but did see the NW tiki crawl posters. SPiffy! Did git to have food from Noho's, YUMMMMMY.
Anyhow, have a great time at the crawl. I'll be sippin mai tais that weekend in Indiana. Fellow TC member Mattfink will probably be there too. We'll toast to the Crawl!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation