FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mugs!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tiki Mugs!
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-04 12:01 pm   Permalink

Another "Sufferin' Bastard" on the block at Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2119115928

Still a "bargain" at $150, ha ha. Yikes! Will I ever acquire one of these puppies? Signs say "doubtful".

My latest "midnite tiki sale" on ebay is coming to a close, and the good folks out there used a lot of my "Buy Now" options. A few pieces remain, but most are gone. Check it out:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=cpt.midnite&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Shameless Hack Midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-05 12:07 pm   Permalink

It's nice when one wins an Ebay auction for something and gets a deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2034980603

However, it's a bummer when the seller emails you and says "he dropped" the mugs and they broke. All three were dropped, at once? Uh huh, yep, I believe that!

Oh well,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-06 02:39 am   Permalink

"Oh well" midnite? I'd write the dealer and tell him to ship me the shards anyway as I'm an artist who uses smashed pottery in collage pieces and that was my original intent. He'd probably write back that he already threw the pieces in the trash and the garbage men showed up just before he got your e-mail. Keep your eye on this seller and see if these mugs get re-listed.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-06 11:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

I'd write the dealer and tell him to ship me the shards anyway

Ha ha, I thought of that. What was funny to me was this just happened to the buyer of the Witco piece bigbrotiki was wanting. That item was "sold" to someone accidentally? Since wood doesn't break, they went with sold to other, next time a fire?

I wanted those mugs, too. Great for "actual use" and a sweet deal.

Anyway, my stuff on Ebay(what is left) ends tomorrow, this will be my LAST shameless appeal to fellow Tiki Centralites to checkit out.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=cpt.midnite&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

And I promise not to break anyhing before I ship, or to sell to someone else by accident.

midnite

Mattio
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-06 10:24 pm   Permalink

Hey I posted pictures of my Tiki Mug Collection on the internet! It is small and I don't think I have any rare ones but it is still growing
My Tiki Mugs

View Profile of Mattio Send a personal message to Mattio  Goto the website of Mattio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-07 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

I don't think I have any rare ones but it is still growing

That Tiki Bob you have sure is rare, and I want one! Do tell where ya found it and the details, cause one doesn't see many of them. They fetch a pretty dollar on ebay. I once chatted with a seller that found 4 Tiki Bob's at a "roadside store" in CA, 2 of each kind for 25 cents each.

She sold them for around $300.

midnite

Mattio
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-08 12:25 pm   Permalink

I bought it at an antique/collectables store... I only paid like $10

View Profile of Mattio Send a personal message to Mattio  Goto the website of Mattio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-08 4:34 pm   Permalink

Yep, that Tiki Bob's mug is a super rare one!! I just picked up one on ebay and paid almost $200 for it. Mine's painted more of a dark brown than a tan- I actually like yours better! Hang onto it!

I'm going to have a tiki mug picture database up very soon on my website- I'll keep you posted!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mattio
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-09 4:01 pm   Permalink

Wow! 200 too bad for the person that sold it too me

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-11 4:44 pm   Permalink

A big Special Ed* "Yaaaaaayyy" for me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2119379478

Ok, I know I WAY overpaid, but it's a special piece for me. My late Father worked for McDonnell Douglas (and variations)in CA/FL/AZ for nearly 30 years. The old absent-minded rocket scientist got me started in Tiki stuff so I had to have this dude. It's pretty cool, and a bit more rare than mugs that get this much Ebay biddage.

This will be a centerpiece for my Tiki "area" small apartment means no Maxton-ish Tiki bar for moi. I have a corner.

* Special Edd: "I got Tiki , I got Tiki, I got Tiki." "Yaaaaaaee!"

midnite

bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 02:08 am   Permalink

ok, here's another 'I was out traveling & popped into a thrift shop story'.
There it was all alone on a shelf....
a small suffering bastard rum bottle in minty shape. price: $2!!
I guess it was finally my time.

I've been a bit scarce lately, but I had to share this!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

suffering bastard rum bottle in minty shape. price: $2!!
I guess it was finally my time.

I hate you.

That had to be up here too! Way to go.
At least I know it happens. to me? No way, but it happens.

midnite

bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-15 12:20 pm   Permalink

Dont hate baby!
Your turn is next!
I actually found it in a small thrift (only one in a quaint little town) in Chester, very near Mt. Lassen which is approx 4 hours north of SF.
The lady at the register says: "what the heck is that? it's ugly!"
me: 'yeah, hideous' (wink,wink)

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-15 1:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

bigbadtikidaddy wrote:

Your turn is next!

I like to think that. I have heard from a few collectors, or lucky sellers, that they found their great Tiki treasure up north from SF. Time to get the roadmaps out and search. I thought you may have found it down on the Peninsula.

Still...a "sufferin' B" for $2, aye carumba. An all-time classic find.

A big hole in my collection for one, it's out there, sitting on some poor shelf collecting dust and being neglected.

midnite

bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-15 3:22 pm   Permalink

A bit o/t, but speaking of good scores, I've got this set up on ebay right now with 4 hours to go...
I didnt really want to sell it but times are kinda tough right now. Hope it goes a bit higher.....
I'll be putting up alot more this week too.
the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=892254789

[ This Message was edited by: bigbadtikidaddy on 2002-07-15 15:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bigbadtikidaddy on 2002-07-15 15:25 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation