FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 11:00 am   Permalink

awesome Humu...Love that I can see all A Frames on one page !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 4:48 pm   Permalink

I love the Image Gallery update. Very nice.

When you click on someone's user name under an image and you go to their profile it shows that this user has added a certain number of images to Critiki, I'd like to be able to see all of the images from that user. Sometimes I lose track of what I've added. Also, some people take really spectacular pictures. I'd like to get an instant view of all of those shots.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 5:35 pm   Permalink

So glad you're getting a kick out of it!

Good call! The plan is to let you see all the images submitted by one person on their profile. I'm currently chewing on the problem of how best to do that... I'd like to have the option of seeing all the photos in one album, but also breaking them down by location and by image type. I need to figure out how best to do that without just making a cluttered, confusing mess. But it's right at the top of my plate!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 9:51 pm   Permalink

I like it when I can do something for Tiki-Kate:

Image Galleries By User

You can view all of one person's images in one big gallery, or you can browse through the images by location, or by theme. At this moment, only the "A-frame" theme has been released, but more will become available in the coming days. To see one person's images, go to their profile by clicking on their username.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2009-03-29 21:52 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 10:41 pm   Permalink

I've released the next image gallery:

Advertisements

Clipped ads from newspapers, travel guides, even old phone directories (Tiki-Kate just added some new ones today!).

Enjoy!

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 05:04 am   Permalink

Wow! That was fast.

It's great that you can look at all your images or check them by location or theme.

I had fun checking off all of the places that I've visited over the years. Still working on that actually. Sad to see how many of them are gone.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-30 08:48 am   Permalink

Awesome Humuhumu! Are you going to have a top ten gallery?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 08:44 am   Permalink

Ojaitimo: top ten in what sense?

Wow -- the Advertisements image gallery more than doubled in size yesterday, as people added more images of ads from their own collections -- mahalo nui loa!

Now for another new image gallery:

Ashtrays

At restaurants dedicated to escape, leisure and relaxation, naturally there was an ashtray for every table.

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 10:15 am   Permalink

Great work Humu! The easier you make it for people to see the images, the more images people will be inclined to add. And it's only going to grow in value as more images are added.

Since you're in wish list mode... I'd like a link to the original image that was uploaded since it looks like you are resizing them all to the same dimensions for your gallery.

I'll try to block out some time and barrage you with some image uploads.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 10:51 am   Permalink

The Image Gallery feature is great!

Something you might consider adding - which would be a great time saver when uploading images - would be a feature that would allow one to select and upload multiple images in one shot, not only for Critiki but for Ooga-Mooga as well. Maybe even add an option to cross-link images between the two sites, so when you're uploading images to OM you could click a check box that you make those same images available to Critiki, and visa-versa.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-31 08:44, Humuhumu wrote:
Ojaitimo: top ten in what sense?

Humu
How about the top 10 former glory Tiki palaces by vote. We can all vote between Critiki 10's?

Maybe a Top ten of todays Tiki palaces around the world?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 08:43 am   Permalink

GatorRob - I am keeping the full size images, and I've thought about making them available for viewing on Critiki. I would like to go ahead & do it, however I do have a small concern about how the original image owners would feel; perhaps I'm being silly, I don't know.

LOL Tiki - I've thought about providing a multi-upload page, but it'll be some work, not just in the back-end code (not so big a deal), but in the UI (bigger deal)... I want to take some care and design something that will minimize confusion, AND minimize people uploading images that are unusable, or filling in the fields incorrectly. But it's on my wish list, too!

Ojaitimo - I'm afraid I still don't follow you... how does what you have in mind differ from Critiki's
Browse Rankings section?

Okay, now it's time for today's new image gallery!

Brochures

Selling a dream evening, a dream vacation, or even a dream lifestyle—all are full of rich visuals designed to suck you in.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 1:48 pm   Permalink

lovin these image gallery additions! great stuff !

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 11:41 pm   Permalink

Hi Humu!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 08:29 am   Permalink

Hi Danny! I miss you!

Today's new Image Gallery is one of my favorites:

Drinks

Tiki's most practical contribution to society: the perfection of the tropical drink. Enjoy photos, illustrations and menu descriptions, with no hangover.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation