FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 4:22 pm   Permalink

Fantastic!!

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NeptuneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-25 10:22 am   Permalink

Humuhumu ----
WOW!!!!! I am sooooooo thrilled with Critiki!!!! I liked the scavanger hunt through the Tiki Road Trip. I am embarrassed to admit, that I had to do it twice. I didn't read the 3rd question thoroughly and had to redo it! DAH!

You did a fantastic job! I just traveled all over the US from one tiki location to another thanks to Critiki! It will really come in handy when we travel.

Your pics are really good. You have a great tiki eye!

Thanks for such a great website!!!!! AWESOME!!!

View Profile of NeptuneTiki Send a personal message to NeptuneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 5:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kudos, guys!

Otto's Tiki News announcement for Critiki has sent a mind-blowing number of people to the site, and they've added lots & lots of critikis. I now have enough critikis to finish my work on the Browse by Rating feature; I'm hoping to get to it this weekend.

Shockingly, the
Mai Kai hasn't been rated enough times to register on the highest rated locations (I don't include a location until it's been rated by at least five people). Tons of other locations have been rated by more than 5 people, but for some reason, our beloved Mai Kai has been left out in the cold. I know it can't be that people are so dispassionate about the Mai Kai. Why no love for the Mai Kai???

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 8:36 pm   Permalink

I'm guessing no reviews on Mai Kai is because we all know it is the tops. Nevertheless I'm on my way.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-30 11:50 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu, Critiki is hubba-hubba! Hee hee. Sorry.

Seriously, I'm very impressed. Looks fabulous--all dark and elegant, I love it--and, it's extremely well-organized and readily usable. Not to mention, it works great too!

And it's FUN. I could get addicted.

I just added a rave about the Mai Kai. What can I say? Some may find this odd, but the Mai Kai and Minnie's are probably my two favorite tiki spots of all. Of course, I raved about Minnie's too.

I have a few good snaps of Minnie's, and the other Modesto Tiki spots too, and will upload 'em to Earthlink webspace next week for you to peruse. I did email this to you, but it bounced back for some reason...

Thanks for the terrific work, and see you soon, gorgeous!

XOXOX

Tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-30 11:53 pm   Permalink

Too Big for words.

aka Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Score!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-30 11:57 pm   Permalink

oh, oh, one mo' thang...

for hotel/motel reviews (yes, I added the Tropics Modesto's first Critiki!) you might include some rating options such as "what about actually staying here (or is it just nifty Tiki history)", "is there on-site booze or food", and, "how's the inside as opposed to the outside".

E.g., for Tropics Modesto I'd answer 1 (well, okay, 2, I've seen worse!), "no", and "outside 10, inside 0". for those questions...

Just a note for those who care: last time I checked, the Tropics Indio still had its wonderful vintage neon sign. *sigh*

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 12:47 am   Permalink

With Sven's blessing, I've just completed adding a new Book of Tiki Index feature to Critiki. Each location has a list of pages where more information can be found in the BOT, where applicable. It's almost certainly a bit spotty, as I sometimes didn't know what location an image was of, and not all locations in the BOT are in Critiki yet, and I'm really sleepy at the moment, but it's way better than nuttin'!

I've got a stupefying backlog of info & pictures to get into Critiki, plus improvements to make and emails to respond to. If I haven't gotten to something you've sent me yet, I'm terribly sorry and I hope you can understand. Rest assured that I've got a behind-the-scenes To Do List management system, so nothing should fall through the cracks.

One section that is WAY too thin is the Home Bars. For this section, I will not add your home bar without your okay, and I will not approach you about adding your home bar -- I don't want to put you in a potentially awkward position where you maybe don't want your bar in there, but feel like you can't say "no." So, it's up to you to come to me and let me know you want your home bar in Critiki (I can leave the street address or any other info out). I think this is a GREAT option for those of you who have recently lost your fabulous home bars... let it be documented for posterity, right along with other past masterpieces like the Kahiki! As it stands right now, the section isn't doing much, so if I don't get it beefed up soon, I may yank it.

I also added the latitude & longitude (in the locked-unless-you-have-Tiki-Road-Trip-and-if-you-don't-why-the-heck-not? section) a while back, I don't remember if I posted about that here yet. I've got a handheld GPS myself now and I've found it terribly useful.

Whee! As always, thank you so much for your continued support for Critiki. I love coming home at the end of the day and seeing that new people have signed up, and that there are new critikis that have been added. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Netty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-25 01:12 am   Permalink

I live in Las Vegas and Cheeseburger in Paradise is okay. Has some decent decor. I will try to get some pictures for the database.

View Profile of Netty Send a personal message to Netty  Email Netty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 01:14 am   Permalink

I am proud to have my bar listed there.
We’ve lost three beautiful Tiki Central home bars in just one month. Unheard of !!
It's about time some of you got off your mai tais and build that tiki oasis you've been dreamin about and putting off for so long. COME ON!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 01:25 am   Permalink

As long promised, I've finally added the Browse by Rating feature. You can use this feature to pull up the Top 15 or Bottom 5 locations in any critiki category, as rated by website visitors... for instance, you can pull up the Top 15 in Drink Quality, or the Bottom 5 in Service. It takes more than just one person submitting a critiki for a location to trigger its inclusion in this process, so you will find that there are many categories where the list isn't complete. This is most evident in the Former Glory category.

Former Glory is my way of allowing you to rate favorite tiki locations that are no longer around. Since they're gone--in many cases, long, long gone--the odds are not good that you have actually been there, but you have probably formed an opinion based on what you've learned by hearing about it. These locations have only one critiki category: Former Glory. Don't feel shy about throwing your gut feeling in there.

Overall, the Browse by Rating feature will improve dramatically as more people add their critikis, thus increasing the number of locations that are eligible in the pool. Every day new critiki ratings are being added, thanks so much to those of you who are taking the time to share your opinions with others!

dogbytes

Posted: 2004-06-30 01:48 am   Permalink

hey! thanks for the nudge to voice our opinions! i entered critikis for all the seattle (islands, ohana, luau, general store) and portland (alibi and jasmine tree)restaurants/bars we've been to in the last few months.

i'm afraid i've skewed the jasmine tree's food quality up a bit.. i enjoyed our dinner (except for the won ton soup.. which was a mega disapointment). we thought the canned pineapple on the tounge depressor was amusing! todd and i enjoyed reading your description of the food!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 3:09 pm   Permalink

Hee! I thought the stick looked more like it came out of a corndog. After re-reading my text on Jasmine Tree, I'm wishing I'd taken the time to try the food there again, it can't have been *that* bad. I try to be neutral in my text about these places, but I guess I wasn't in a fair state of mind when I wrote that.

Thanks for the sudden onslaught of critiki ratings! Needless to say, the critikis become much more meaningful once several people have rated a location, so it's not just one person's opinion.

It's been a major pain in the keister for me to deal with photo submissions, because all of my email accounts are too full and I haven't taken the time to finish setting up my email server yet. I've come up with a much better solution: I've created an account at Fotki.com just to handle Critiki submissions.

Here are the directions on submitting photos to Critiki using the new Fotki setup.

You'll need to log in to upload photos:

Screen name: critiki
Password: critiki

Go ahead and upload anything you'd like to share, and send me an email to give me a heads up that there are new photos for me to check out. I may not use all your photos (I may already have a similar photo, for instance).

p.s. -- If the Fotki thing doesn't work for you, I can also accept photos on CD. Email me and I'll send you a mailing address. If it's neither here nor there for you, though, Fotki is a little easier for me.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-06-30 15:28 ]

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 10:26 am   Permalink

That's a great new banner ad on top Humuhumu.
Congrats to the success of Critiki!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2004-07-13 11:30 am   Permalink

Hanford: thanks for putting the Critiki banner up...

Humuhumu ~ as if i didnt already have Critiki bookmarked ~ its nice to see your crisp logo atop my other favorite site!! i'm using your creation to plan our New England Vacation this fall (still cant convince Todd that Atlanta is in the Northeast..)

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation