FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-10 7:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-10 19:20, christiki295 wrote:
I kept forgetting to bring my copy of TRT to work; I was going to buy another copy. Now I don't have to.

!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-10 7:56 pm   Permalink

Oh my god!

I don't think I said what I meant correctly -but now that I've put my foot in my mouth.

Suffice it to say - the tikibars signed version does need to be left only as a coffee table book. I do need another to actually use!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-10 8:08 pm   Permalink

!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-10 9:47 pm   Permalink

I've found it convenient that I have a "travel copy" and a "house copy" of TRT.

About the time the travel copy is completely torn up, I hope James'll have a second edition.

It's my sentimental favorite of tiki books because it was the first tangible evidence I had that there were other tikiphiles.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 7:30 pm   Permalink

The new Critiki developments just keep comin'!

I've expanded the Browse by Globe feature on Critiki... before, the only globe you could view was one that showed only tiki locations that are currently in operation. I've added a second globe that displays all the locations in Critiki (with defunct ones marked "Gone," to make sure you don't get your hopes up inappropriately). It's fun to be able to visualize where all the old original tiki places were! Plus, it might be handy for thift store and antique mall hunters to be able to eyeball what old tiki places were around an area they're visiting.

To see the new globe, just choose "By Globe" under the "Browse" section on the left hand side, and then select the globe you wish to view from the drop-down box.

I've gotta say, the Globe is my favorite feature in Critiki, it's so fun to spin that sucker around and daydream!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 12:27 am   Permalink

I've just rolled out another new feature on Critiki:

Browse by Destination

You'll find it under "Browse" on the left side of every page in Critiki. I've written overviews of tiki for popular destinations... so far the ones that are available are San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Daytona Beach, and Highway 99 (California's Central Valley). Coming soon are guides for Los Angeles, Orange County, Chicago, New York and Las Vegas, and eventually I'll get to a bunch of others, too.

So now, hopefully, when someone posts "I'm going to be in San Francisco for a few days next month, what should I see?," we can just point them to the guide in Critiki!

Also: I'm sorry I don't have a way yet to reset your password... I encrypt the passwords for your protection, so I don't have any access to them. There's a way I can reset you to a different password and then let you log in to change it to something else, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I feel bad about those of you who have forgotten your passwords... I'm going to try to write the code to handle that this week.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-01-26 5:18 pm   Permalink

Critiki is even more incredible than ever ~ i REALLY loved your Destination: Seattle guide. truer words never spoken: this city is crazy to navigate in, even with a GPS!

thankyou thankyou thankyou ~ you're the absolute bestest!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 5:45 pm   Permalink

Humu - you are sick!
Critiki is awesome.... I can tell how much work you have put into it... really nice work & obviously a incredible resource!

Nice job......

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 6:32 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much for your kind words, I can't tell you what it means to me when I hear that people enjoy using Critiki.

I've made a small improvement to Critiki that I think is a nice one: it used to be that you could only see the five locations that were most recently updated or added, and you couldn't tell what the update was. I've added a "more..." link just under the "Latest" section that takes you to this page:

http://64.81.235.211/cgi-bin/latest.cgi

It shows you the 25 latest updates to Critiki, with a short blurb telling what the update is. I've also improved the RSS feed so that it works the same way, and I've added a handy-dandy "Add to My Yahoo!" button on that page for you My Yahoo! users.

I'm finally getting to some of my embarrassingly long backlog of updates, thank you to all of you who've sent info or pictures who have been so patient while I get through it.

Hopefully next weekend I'll finally tackle getting the DNS working so you dont' have to see my stinky IP address all over the place and everything will be critiki.com.

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 6:47 pm   Permalink

Just awesome , Thanks for sharing your hard work with all of us , cant wait to see more.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JerseyRED
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-31 2:43 pm   Permalink

Damn girl! You keep out doing yourself.

And your getting popular too!! Check out the Retro Radar web site. Scoll down to January 15.
http://www.retroradar.com/

(I would have posted this sooner but I've been away and just saw it today.)

Will Sinclair

[ This Message was edited by: JerseyRED on 2005-01-31 14:44 ]

View Profile of JerseyRED Send a personal message to JerseyRED      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 01:36 am   Permalink

If any of you have forgotten your Critiki password, here's instructions on what to do:

Reset Your Critiki Password

Basically, just email me to let me know you need your password reset, and I'll create a temporary password for you, which you'll then log in with and change your password to something only you know. I can't just tell you what your old password was because it's encrypted, I can't see it.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:00 am   Permalink

Ooh de lally! An exciting new feature, which has been in the works for some time now, was completed today.

Now for every location in Critiki, instead of a a link to only one thread (if that) for a particular location, you get a link to all the conversations that have been linked to Critiki. So now instead of heading to the Tiki Central "Search" link when looking for info on a particular location, give Critiki a whirl. It's not totally comprehensive, as there are still threads that need to get linked, but it'll only improve as we get more locations linked.

Big thanks again to Hanford; he's put a lot of effort into modifying Tiki Central fundamentally to allow this sort of linking, and he's the one who built the new fancy-schmancy location search results page.

I'd love to hear what you think!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 1:53 pm   Permalink

Whew! I've just moved Critiki over to a new server -- you'll notice two things that are different:

1) it's faster! A lot!
2) no more dippy IP address in the url!

If you have old links (ones that contain the old IP address (looked like a bunch of numbers), instead of "www.critki.com"), they should be automatically redirecting, but someday that'll stop, so PLEASE take a moment to update your links. Hanford & I are going to do a fix on all the old posts in TC that refer to the old address, so you don't have to worry about those.

Please let me know if you encounter any goofiness by emailing me at
humuhumu@critiki.com .

Thank you, and enjoy!

nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2005-06-27 8:43 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,

Just went on Critiki. What a great resource! Just wanted to say thanks for all you do for the Tiki community. See you soon.

Nicktiki

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation