FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Kon Tiki, Tucson, AZ (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Kon Tiki, Tucson, AZ (bar)
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-02 07:54 am   Permalink

WoooHoooo! The following people are in for The Tiki Central Takeover at The Smugglers Inn April 21st -23rd. If you are interested in booking a room (Standard Rooms $59 or Suites $79 with Breakfast and COCKTAIL Reception Daily) PM me ASAP!!:

Soccer Tiki
WooHoo Wahine
Lovevw181 + 1

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 7:48 pm   Permalink

Kailuageoff,

You should come back to Tucson to check out how that paint job is holding up, maybe around April 22nd.

I can't guarantee hookers though.

cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 08:22 am   Permalink

Mahalo,
I would love to come to Tucson, but my travel funds are committed until next year. I wish I had been into tiki when I lived in there, but after growing up in Hawaii I thought Polynesian-themed businesses in the desert were simply ridiculous and paid them no attention. What a fool I was. When I was in the Southwest, I mostly listened to the Grateful Dead, drank Tequila and rolled my own cigarettes...

Of course now my tastes are much more sophisticated. I mostly listen to vintage Hawaiian music, drink rum and smoke cigars.

I do remember there being a big Moai on Speedway in front of a mini-golf or something, and may have passed by the Kon-Tiki but am not sure. There also was a motel that was Polynesian-themed that I remember. It is really cool that you guys are staying at The Smugglers Inn for this party. What a weird coincidence. Have fun and take pictures!
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-03-04 22:02 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-03 12:15 pm   Permalink

WoooHooooo 50 more days!!!! Do you think we could fill The Smugglers Inn's 150 rooms with TCers???

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-04 10:57 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-04 10:58 am   Permalink

WoooooHoooooo! A Weekend of Fun in The Sun at The Smuggler's Inn, The Craftsmanship of The Notorious Bamboo Ben, Limited Edition Tiki Mugs and Scorpion Bowls by Tiki Farm, The Smokin Menehunes, Official Event Posters by Doug Horne, and a Night with Wild Native TCers at The Kon Tiki. How could you miss this event??
WooHooWahine
www.packyoursuitcase.joystar.com

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-06 06:39 am   Permalink

WoooHoooo! The following people are in for The Tiki Central Takeover at The Smugglers Inn April 21st -23rd. If you are interested in booking a room (Standard Rooms $59 or Suites $79 with Breakfast and COCKTAIL Reception Daily) PM me ASAP!!:

Soccer Tiki
WooHoo Wahine
Lovevw181 + 1
Tiki-Tina & Bamboo Boyd
BettyBleu & TikiBrini

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-06 06:46 ]

tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 10:02 pm   Permalink

I've been holding back on my review of the Kon-Tiki in Tucson for a little over a month, but I guess I'll go ahead and post it. Basically it comes in 3 parts. Part I: Tucson is actually a pretty cool city! I was pretty surprised that I liked it so much, but it was actually a pleasant place. Part II: The people at Kon-Tiki were really great. Even the non-tiki loving girl I went with remarked about how friendly everyone was. The food was pretty good too, I had the Teriyaki burger, and would probably head back to Kon-Tiki just to repeat the burger. Part III: The ambiance was wonderful. After about 5 minutes I was relaxed enough to really kick back and enjoy myself. The rum might have helped a bit...but the age of the place was definitely not obvious (not alot of dust or chipped paint that I noticed, at least.) I really wish I could head out for the grand-reopening but alas, limited funds and limited travel time mean limited options. All in all, I'd say a good solid 2 thumbs up from me .

tekoteko

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 08:58 am   Permalink

I anything happening this Memorial Day weekend at Kon Tiki? Mrs. DigiTiki and I are going to be visiting and definately stopping by for libations!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 10:36 am   Permalink

Digitiki, Mr cheeky half and I might be able to meet you there. What day/days will you be in town?

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 3:23 pm   Permalink

Planning on being there Sat, Sun & Mon, but now the wife is comeing down with something, so it looks like we may have to cancel the trip. Argghhh!!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 05:40 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear that. Let us know if you do make it into town.

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-01 5:10 pm   Permalink

Soccer Tiki and I had another Tiki-rrific Trip to The Kon Tiki in Tucson

We were able to meet up with The Cheeky Halfs, Kona Kris, and Becca

Kelly makes the "Best" Scorpions in Tucson

Some New Merchandise for Sale

The Kon Tiki's Mascot: Thor

I think Bamboo Ben will appreciate these pics:

More pics

PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 12:11 pm   Permalink

Looks like today will find me arriving Tucson at about 5:00pm. I'm gonna check-in to my hotel, check TC, relax a bit, and then head to the Kon Tiki (my first visit) at about 6:30pm tonight. I can't stay too late as I have work to do, but if anyone wants to meet up for a quick Mai Tai...look for the old guy with the black receding hair turning silver on the sides, in the Mickey Mouse aloha shirt (red base color).

Aloha!

*Above predicated on no traffic difficulties getting there (I'm driving...leaving Lordsburg, NM in about an hour).

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 4:09 pm   Permalink

Just arrived beautiful downtown Tucson and am checked into the Sheraton, which looks pretty close to the Kon Tiki. Hope to meet my first Tiki Centralite tonight, but if not (I know only a few hours is not much advance notice)...I'll hoist some sort of rum libation to 'ya all anyway. Been a rough and long day. I could use a bit of tropical calm and a refreshing drink (or two) to take the edge off! That's 6:30pm tonight, at the Kon Tiki...if anyone is around.

(Thinking about hitting Trader Vic's in Scottsdale tomorrow night too. Gotta break up the long drive back to SoCal, right?)

[ This Message was edited by: PremEx 2006-10-11 16:11 ]

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 8:10 pm   Permalink

Had a wonderful evening at Kon Tiki. Great tiki bar! What a blast to the past and a throw-back to how they don't make 'em anymore. Had one minor issue with the service. But otherwise...a great evening and met some great folks there. Problem right now is my fingers are a bit too numb to type with (never mind the condition of my gray cells)...so my full review will have to wait. Say goodnight, Gracie.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation