FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Kon Tiki, Tucson, AZ (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Kon Tiki, Tucson, AZ (bar)
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 12:11 pm   Permalink

Sorry we missed you last night PremEx, didn't see your post 'til it was too late. Glad you enjoyed our local. Next time you swing by let us know and we'll hook up.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 6:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-12 12:11, cheeky half wrote:
Sorry we missed you last night PremEx, didn't see your post 'til it was too late. Glad you enjoyed our local. Next time you swing by let us know and we'll hook up.

Will do. Thanks!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 11:28 am   Permalink

Did anyone get pictures of the sign with snow on it during Tucson's recent storm?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 10:11 pm   Permalink

Nice photos.
The restoration looks great, yet the integrity remains.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 11:50 am   Permalink

I was in Tucson this past Monday, and had lunch (and drinks) at the Kon Tiki. The place looks and feels fantastic. Last time I was there was a few years ago, well before any updates were done. I liked what the place represented at that time, but didn't really feel comfortable there. Now, everything looks, smells, and feels great.

I was able to meet with Louie, the manager... GREAT GUY!!! We chatted a bit about the new stuff, but he pointed out most of the decor was already there, just given updated surroundings and a little face lift. Bamboo Ben's work really made the place shine again.

Also, Louie has a bunch of the Re-dedication Party mugs designed by Doug Horne!!! They are NOT sold out!!! They come with a COA and the pendant, and sell for $25. I purchased 2 of them, since I loved the design so much. Louie indicated the web site will be updated in a few weeks, so the mugs can be purchased via the internet. But for now, you can contact the Kon Tiki directly. WARNING: Louie wants to sell to Tiki Central members who want to purchase for themselves... NO EBAY DEALERS!! These are special mugs to commemorate the RE-opening of this fantastic place. Let's keep the mana these mugs were created with.

Fantastic job Louie and BBen!! Try the Monkey on a Stick!!!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 3:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Jackalope, is there anyway you can repost all the pics from early in the thread that are no longer viewable?

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 4:27 pm   Permalink

ANyone know how to e-mail Louie about the mugs? I tried the e-mail on the web page and it bounced right back...

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 4:35 pm   Permalink

Stiki tiki,
Louie indicated that the website and his email were being worked on. He said contacting him by phone would probably be the best, until email is back up. I got the impression it would be a couple of weeks before his site was complete.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 4:45 pm   Permalink

Thanx, gave a ring and talked to a clueless woman, will call back in the am....

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 08:21 am   Permalink

bigtikidude asked
Quote:
Hey Tiki Jackalope, is there anyway you can repost all the pics from early in the thread that are no longer viewable?

Done...wish I had time to replace a few hundred other Shutterfly pics in other posts. For more of Kon Tiki, see also:
http://www.thelope.com/2005/05/kon-tiki.html and http://www.thelope.com/2006/04/kon-tiki-party.html

I'll be in Arizona next month and hope to cart some relatives to Tucson - Kon Tiki calls to me like a chorus of grinning, wooden, mid-century homing beacons. Of course, I'll shoot more because I just don't know when to stop.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 3:37 pm   Permalink

wow wow wow , great stuff,
thanks for reposting.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-26 8:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great pictures you reposted Tikijackalope!

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-03-26 20:03 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 01:15 am   Permalink

My sister (Kristiki) and I were in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Chandler this past week visiting family, and we always make time for a trip to Kon Tiki when we're in AZ! There were some really nice folks at the bar who gave us napkin roses that they'd made for us. If you're reading this and you were one of those people, thank you!

Here we are:

I'm loving the mug and I picked up the scorpion bowl, too!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 07:07 am   Permalink

happy girls in a happy place!!. Well worth the drive to Tucson.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 11:05 am   Permalink

Distressing!! I was at the Kon Tiki recently for the Les Baxter/Drasnin show at the U of A and noticed that the big tiki outside of the Kon Tiki looked like it had ben vandalized with white pray paint. Is that the case? Anyone notice this? If so, its really sad...sad indeed.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation