FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Kon Tiki, Tucson, AZ (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Kon Tiki, Tucson, AZ (bar)
Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 11:47 am   Permalink

The first (and so far only) tiki bar I ever went to. Late 70s/early 80s. I think it was a work related thing for one of the 'rents. Don't remember the specifics, only the overwhelming "wow" factor. Hope to get back next time I'm in Tucson (which doesn't happen frequently enough).

Anybody got a re-dedication mug they wanna get rid of????

Any idea of what mugs they used back in the day???

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Joe

Posted: 2011-01-11 5:40 pm   Permalink

Christmas 2010

View Profile of Trader Joe Send a personal message to Trader Joe  Email Trader Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-12 10:51 am   Permalink

We've been taking a rest from the whole Tiki Scene for a while, but I wanted to pop in and remind folks that we are indeed, still alive and kicking down here in Tucson. We miss our many friends that we have made here on TC and long to see you all soon.

In da meantime, I just re-did the Kon Tiki web site, and ended up using several photos taken by another TC'er at the Relight The Night event we put on a couple of years back. I stupidly didn't make a note of who graciously provided them and wanted to give him (at least I think it was a Him) credit.

If you're reading this and it was you, or if anyone else remembers who took all those cool pix, can you let me know?

Mahalo and Cheers!

Oh, a linky to the Kon Tiki web site might help. The pictures are, unsurprisingly, in the 'Gallery':

http://www.kontikitucson.com/index.html

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-12 11:10 am   Permalink

You're more than welcome to use any of mine from that night.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjqcUGNM

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-12 10:51, cheeky half wrote:
...In da meantime, I just re-did the Kon Tiki web site....
http://www.kontikitucson.com/index.html

What a wonderful rendering for the home page. Classic mod menu illustration style in this tradition:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-15 10:44 am   Permalink

cool web site updates.

Love the Kon Tiki, and Tuscon. (missed you 2 at the Hut 2nd anniversary of the Maoi)
we need more events in Az.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-15 5:38 pm   Permalink

Yes, yes, yes!!!

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation