FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 9:34 pm   Permalink

I had the pleasure of seeing this at Hukilau. Loved it. And now the anticipation builds for Part II!

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 09:37 am   Permalink

I am really looking forward to the release of this!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-19 11:07 am   Permalink

Fantastic piece of work. Saw it at the Hukilau and cannot wait until it adorns my DVD collection.

Loved the animations.

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-05 6:16 pm   Permalink

Anything Anything. Any Updates

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-25 12:56 pm   Permalink

Still Anything anything ANYTHING?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-25 7:36 pm   Permalink

gonna be old and gray when this comes out! lol.... wait a minute..

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-25 9:30 pm   Permalink

Bueller, Bueller?

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-26 7:23 pm   Permalink

Come on bring it!!!
It's all going to end in 2012 anyway.
Can't wait to see this DVD.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 03:07 am   Permalink

ok, here a little update:
Unfortunatly the DVD OF TIKI is not manufactured yet. At the premiere in Ft.Lauderdale we presented the prefinal version of the movie from a laptop.

We still need to fix some minor technical details in some animations, change a sequence due to content issues, color correction, titles etc. And for the final DVD we also need to work on the packaging artwork and the menu design and authoring.

The project was pausing the second half of 2010. We are now starting to work on it again. There is hope but I finally have given up on any statements concerning the release date. The project will sadly always come last after jobs and family.

We will see. Maybe someday this will be a nice little surprise treat, that you forgot a long time ago.

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-25 09:05 am   Permalink

More time passed since the screening at Hulilau BUT now, I finally have a solid release date: August 2012.
I will be in California with my family to promote the DVD. Several screenings are being organized right now.
Very exciting. Hopefully there still is a little interest out there in this project.

It took sooooo long that this documentation, that started in 2004 and mainly captured events upto 2006 will feel like a time piece. A little time capsule of the tiki world.

Cheers, Jochen

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-25 10:27 am   Permalink

Nothing like a deadline to motivate...

I am a bit foggy here. And I bet others must be too. This is to be released in 2 parts, or one set of 2 DVDs? What will be released in August, Part 1 or the set of Parts 1 & 2?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-25 12:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your remark Swanky. It will be Vol.I Paradise Lost, 100min. about the birth of the south seas dream and the rise and fall of backyard polynesia.

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 11:40 am   Permalink

Excited to check it out and stoked for you Jochen!

Its been a long road for you, but things get better with age!

Congrats!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 5:21 pm   Permalink

I've been waiting for this since 2004. There was even an ad for it in the first Tiki Magazine (Spring 2005)

~Biggest Fan! teaKEY

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 03:02 am   Permalink

So true and crazy. It all started in 2004 with the world trip and back then I thought it would all go really quick. haha, surprise a step learning curve introduced itself and things slowed down.But hey, that's life.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation