FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
DVD of Tiki // Out now!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 1:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-26 17:21, teaKEY wrote:
I've been waiting for this since 2004. There was even an ad for it in the first Tiki Magazine (Spring 2005)

~Biggest Fan! teaKEY

Well, the Book of Tiki took me 8 years to publish, and Tiki Modern took 7 years. The Tiki shirt book is heading that way, too...

There is a saying in German that goes "Was lange waehrt, waehrt endlich gut!" which translates into "What takes a long time, will come out better!"

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-27 03:02, Mogambo wrote:
So true and crazy. It all started in 2004 with the world trip and back then I thought it would all go really quick. haha, surprise a step learning curve introduced itself and things slowed down.But hey, that's life.

Now that you have a firmer release date, have you considered doing pre-orders?

Sadly, the forbidden-island.com and .de domains linked to on your rotating banner, seem to be defunct.

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 8:29 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

Well, the Book of Tiki took me 8 years to publish, and Tiki Modern took 7 years. The Tiki shirt book is heading that way, too...

There is a saying in German that goes "Was lange waehrt, waehrt endlich gut!" which translates into "What takes a long time, will come out better!"
[/quote]

Truer words were never spoken my friend .

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 9:31 pm   Permalink

Lol at that German saying Bigbro. Reminds me of something a German director I worked with said, "I want you all to go slower, but get there sooner."

Langsam, langsam, langsam, Schnell!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 10:08 pm   Permalink

It's about freaking time!!! I'm tired of being teased.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-27 10:08 pm   Permalink

It's about freaking time!!! I'm tired of being teased.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-28 1:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

And congrats! Long time coming!!!

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MarkusK
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-28 2:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Or maybe "Gut Ding will Weile haben"?
Good news anyway!

View Profile of MarkusK Send a personal message to MarkusK      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-28 5:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Now that you have a firmer release date, have you considered doing pre-orders?

I think I did a pre-order five/six years a ago.

And then there was this idea for a wooden collectors case, remember that one??

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-12 4:59 pm   Permalink

Can't wait!
So how do we get a copy of this?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-12 5:52 pm   Permalink

I know I did a pre-order...so looking forward to it.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-13 07:49 am   Permalink

Aloha folks,

here is some update:

The DVD will be sold on 3 events in August during a little promotion tour in LA and San Diego:

1) 4th August at a special screening event at the Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles.
2) During Tiki Oasis (16-19. August) accompanied by a screening
3) 25th August during a DVD signing at the La Luz Gallery, Los Angeles.

Details to these events will follow.

Besides that Lee Joseph, Dionysus Records, will be in charge for online sales in the US and in Europe I will do the online sales over my website.

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-13 8:34 pm   Permalink

Preliminary plans are that the DVD will be available at Tiki Oasis in the "Mysteries of the South Seas" hut.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-16 6:01 pm   Permalink

http://thorstenhasenkamm.blogspot.com/

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-17 2:08 pm   Permalink

Yes, Thorsten did a wonderful alternative Design for Armchair Travelling which will be shown in our tribute Gallery. I love his style. But the cover of Volume 1 will look like this:

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation