FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Bloody Good
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-14 6:28 pm   Permalink

Got my DVD at noon and already watched it! Thanks so much, it was PRIMO!

View Profile of Bloody Good Send a personal message to Bloody Good  Goto the website of Bloody Good     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-14 6:36 pm   Permalink

there is a little helpful "easter egg" on the DVD. If you would like to watch the film without the intermission you have to hit arrow up on your remote when the play button is selected.

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-15 1:10 pm   Permalink

Order today or tomorrow if interested. during Tiki Oasis we will have shipping delay www.dvdoftiki.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-15 5:13 pm   Permalink

fantastic job on the dvd! a real nice presentation!

pretty close to a film version of Book of Tiki...

recommend to anyone interested in the story of tiki-kitch!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki1963 2012-08-15 17:13 ]

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-15 10:29 pm   Permalink

Really outstanding! I thought I knew most of the history of tiki, so it was great to learn a lot of knew stuff in a beautifully composed movie. It's really outstanding!

The part with me in it is pretty cool too! I look like a little kid... I guess I was, that was 10 years ago!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-16 06:23 am   Permalink

I just watched it all in one sitting. I don't know why there is an intermission. I didn't know what to expect when I bought but it turned out to be a very interesting documentary with clever animation.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al Hangmen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-16 09:44 am   Permalink

I'm so excited for this to arrive, it's feeling like Christmas is coming early over here in Wales! Bummed I can't make it over for Tiki Oasis, One year I'll make it, Hope the screening goes well! Al

View Profile of Al Hangmen Send a personal message to Al Hangmen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-16 09:46 am   Permalink

The intermission was just a fun little thing that we came up with. But you can watch it in one piece. there is a little helpful "easter egg" on the DVD. If you would like to watch the film without the intermission you have to hit arrow up on your remote when the play button is selected.

OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-16 11:36 am   Permalink

I enjoyed the intermission, good spot to make another jet pilot. Great job!

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-17 10:23 pm   Permalink

Just sent in my order. Looking forward to it.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-21 10:14 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to those involved with making this film. I picked it up at Tiki Oasis and watched it last night after coming home from San Diego and unpacking. It was a great end to Tiki Oasis weekend. Great job all-around!

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-22 09:20 am   Permalink

I bought the DVD at Oasis and watched it the following day. The production value is amazing!! And the content really hits on everything that needs to be hit. Truely a DVD version of the Book of Tiki! Can't wait for, what alluded to, a Vol 2!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-09 11:22 am   Permalink

So busy having fun at Oasis that I forgot to grab a copy and had to order online after the fact. Just finished watching and WOW... exceeded all of my expectations! Three thumbs up

I really hope there's a volume 2.

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-09 12:49 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much for all the great feedback

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 11:50 pm   Permalink

damn, I still haven't watched mine,
saw it playing at Polypop's party with the sound down,
looks great, I really need to give it a spin soon.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation