FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
DVD of Tiki // Out now!
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 02:35 am   Permalink

Jochen, once again, it's "COMBUSTIBLE EDISON"

[ This Message was edited by: virani on 2004-09-17 02:37 ]

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 07:55 am   Permalink

True, true.

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-06 15:33, Mogambo wrote:
Oh, yes. Squeezing 100 hours of footage on a 3 hour DVD, also squeezes tears out of my eyes!

Perhaps you should make it a double DVD...it probably wouldn't cost that much extra to produce? You could fill the second one with all kinds of cool bonus material that for reasons of space couldn't fit onto the main feature. Please? Pretty please?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 10:22 am   Permalink

Excellent Idea, double or Triple CD. Anything not to lose such historic footage. Maybe an "Editors Special" package with ALL the footage within reason??Huh? Huh?
"What a long strange trip it's been"

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 10:46 am   Permalink

A tempting and nice idea. But actually 2 DVDs do cost double. Not everybody wil be willing to pay more. It is hard enough to compete with the common expectation of the price of a DVD. People probably compare it to the price of any other movie dvd they buy. But ignore that a blockbuster sells a million copies. And this is special interest.

My idea would be to release a limited collector's edition with bonus material for those who are really into it.

www.armchair-travelling.com

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:37 ]

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 05:37 am   Permalink

This is velvet painting master Eric Askew at the CoproNason Gallery interview by connaisseur Greg Escalante

And a nice interview with charming Tiki Tony in his beautiful tiki garden.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:26 ]

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

Attention-Attention-Attention
Today the 25th of October 2004, I am posting the very last call for any kind of material that you would like to offer for the making of the "DVD of Tiki". If you think you have rare and exciting film material that you think is worth sharing with the tiki community please hurry an drop us a line within the next 7 days. We have to get this going because postproduction has to move on. The audience cannot wait forever. The release date has been scheduled now for Spring 2005! Please think about it. If you have Super8, Video or simmilar give us notice and we will arrange the rest. This is the last call. Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:23 ]

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-25 4:45 pm   Permalink

Mogambo,

I pm'd you a while ago about some footage (more than 60 minutes) I have from International Tiki Day 2003 (The very first one). If you are interested I could contribute.

I used a Canon GL1 to film it along with shotgun mic and cordless mic. The quality is good.

I have interviews and shout outs from many prominent TC members and known personalities in the group.

Let me know.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-25 4:51 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, that is great. I would love to see it. I will pm you more details. Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:23 ]

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:54 am   Permalink

Rumour has it that Armchair Travelling will be part of the Grand Opening of the Tabou Tiki Room in Berlin with a special surprise. Stay tuned. More details in the next days. Grand opening is on the 13th of November!

(Release of the DVD of Tiki is scheduled for Spring 2005 by the way)

[ This Message was edited by: mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:17 ]

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 03:21 am   Permalink

Just 3 more weeks to Tiki Oasis. And we tried so hard to get the DVD of TIKI ready for that event. But it is just too much detail work to do. Dont worry though. We are making great progress. And we will screen a 20min Teaser during the Oasis. To give all of you who are patiently and impatiently waiting an exciting dose of the final product. Christian (who some of you know from the last Hukilau, my editor and cameraman) and me will arrive in LA on the 3rd of May and be in Palm Springs for the entire Oasis Time. We are very excited to show what we have been working on. Hopefully we will find your understanding for the delay in production. We want this DVD to be the best thing possible. That is the reason we dont kick it out halfdone. Right now we are mostly slowed done by legal stuff and obtaining rights etc. It is hard to get the music and vintage footage we would like to include without having the proper budget to do so. And whenever you dont have money, you have to use time to find a work around. We are getting there. And it will be the real deal. See you at the Oasis. Mahalo.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2005-04-16 03:23 ]

hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 12:06 pm   Permalink

so whats the chances you'll have it ready for exotica or hukilau???....cant wait to get it !

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 05:10 am   Permalink

OH.MY.TIKI.

I just got so excited reading about this project, I think I peed my pants a little.

A tiki MOVIE? Where can I get one? Where do I sign up? ME WANT! ME WANT!

~L

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PEDDRO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-22 7:39 pm   Permalink

I can't believe I missed this WHOLE deal....WOW! Sounds great. I look forward to seeing it.....maybe stock it in Australia....??

View Profile of PEDDRO Send a personal message to PEDDRO  Goto the website of PEDDRO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 08:42 am   Permalink

Any word on the release date? Can't wait.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation