FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
DVD of Tiki // Out now!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-05 08:42, teaKEY wrote:
Any word on the release date? Can't wait.

I think Jochen and his lovely wife are a little preoccupied with the release date of their daughter right now, she is due in about 4 weeks.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2005-08-05 12:27 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 4:01 pm   Permalink

Lets see, what part of the world were they in seven months ago. It sounds like a better trip than they lead us to believe. Thanks for a update of sorts BigBro.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 03:29 am   Permalink

Yeah Bigbro is right. Thanks for explaining the delay. We are very excited to become parents in the next weeks!!! Concerning the release date of the DVD I think I have to be careful. I am still shooting here and there, and I still get cool material from other people. We are past the 130 hours of footage. It is crazy. I just keep buying harddisk space. Several Terabyte now. And remember that I have to do it besides my regular job, But steady and slowy we make progress. Some of you might have had the chance to see our 20min. preview. So far it was shown at Tiki Oasis, Exotica in Chicago, Filmwerkstatt in München and juts recently at the Luau Night in the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood. Please be more patient with me and the project.

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 06:54 am   Permalink

On one hand, I say, take as long as you need to make this as prefect and full as possible. This is a one time project perhaps, and include all you can. Make it a 2 DVD set! On the other hand, if it's "ready" sell it now and then keep working and sell a new version in a year with more scenes and keep it going. I have no idea how plausible that is, but, I essentially want to see it be a packed full of goodness as possible and I want to see it now, so... If you can do both, even better!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 5:21 pm   Permalink

I agree with Swanky. I can't wait but take your time. Man I was at Exotica for the first half and I missed out. I didn't even know that I was going to be shown. Bummer.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, now about showing the twenty minutes to TC over the net. We can agree on the week to show it just to tide me over. That little 10 sec clip isn't cutting it anymore. And you can make a super collector's edition that is edited down to 100 hours. There are people that will surely buy a DVD with more extras than the basic DVD that can also be released. Just make sure that the ones that want it, are able to obtain it.

Anyways, good luck with the two births.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-06 03:29, Mogambo wrote:
Some of you might have had the chance to see our 20min. preview. So far it was shown at Tiki Oasis, Exotica in Chicago, Filmwerkstatt in München and juts recently at the Luau Night in the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood. Please be more patient with me and the project.

And also at the Paradirama exhibition in the south of France. It looks amazingly good.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 11:26 am   Permalink

Thank you my little french friend. Good to here that the stuff arrived in Sete. So far I had no feedback if it worked out. I will give you a call to hear it in detail. Take good car of our friend the ukulele player...

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 11:49 am   Permalink

Do you have a name for the baby? How about Moai Rapa-Nui Mogambo?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 2:12 pm   Permalink

Her name will be Lilo!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 2:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-08 14:12, Mogambo wrote:
Her name will be Lilo!

Lilo Rapa-Nui Mogambo?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-08 14:12, Mogambo wrote:
Her name will be Lilo!

Lilo from Lilo & Stitch ?

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 3:27 pm   Permalink

No, Lilo from Joe and Tanja. hehe. My grandmas name was Lilo, and it is a Hawaiian name too. Perfect. I think it means "the generous"…does someone know better?

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 8:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-08 15:27, Mogambo wrote:
No, Lilo from Joe and Tanja. hehe. My grandmas name was Lilo, and it is a Hawaiian name too. Perfect. I think it means "the generous"…does someone know better?

Hey! Congrats on the baby!! Lilo cool cool name! Get sleep!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-15 12:09 am   Permalink

Aloha, I would like to give a long overdue update on the Tiki DVD. As you can see on the website I deleted the release date. Because there still is so much work to do and right now it is to unsecure to promise any dates and get your hopes up. I'd rather not get you excited and disappoint you. Sorry for stretching your patience. A big job for my production company is one reason for the delay. We did the entire on air design and promo for a german tv station. But the bigger and even greater reason for the delay can be found here:

http://www.dvdoftiki.com/Lilo.html

Mahalo for your understanding and support, Jochen.

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 09:29 am   Permalink

Aloha,

for those of you who didn't get a chance to see the preview of the DVD OF TIKI, it is now online:

THE TIKI PREVIEW

So far shown at: The Tiki Oasis 2005, Palm Springs | Exotica 2005, Chicago | Luau Night at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood | Tiki Cinema Night, Munich | Paradirama, Sete in France

I hope this sweetens the wait.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation