FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
DVD of Tiki // Out now!
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 09:43 am   Permalink

"Now that the cat is out of the bag, how about showing the twenty minutes to TC over the net -teakey" Sweet

I'm going to watch this in a Sec. and I can't wait. This will be the longest tiki clip that is probably on the net. Better than any trailer that Hollywood would give.

Thanks, this will start the day off right for me and many others.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 09:48 am   Permalink

The surgeon general advises that watching this preview will make you more crazy for the dvd.....AWESOME!!!!!

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 4:30 pm   Permalink

11-17 to now 7-17. What could be the best film to come out this year (over pirates and better than Superman). Any word on how much more the world has to wait.

And would still like the super duper deluxe version please.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 6:54 pm   Permalink

Agreed! Edit the jumpy stuff out, leave everything else in, slap it on the bum and print the thing! If they forget something, do another version next year! We're hungry - kill the pig!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 11:30 pm   Permalink

You guys are right! I want that thing to come out to. It has to be this year. Damn thing is that now my editor got a baby, just two days ago. He is lost for the next time. But I appreciate your strong interest and support…and that you make fire under my ass! Something has to happen.

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-17 11:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-17 23:30, Mogambo wrote:
You guys are right! I want that thing to come out to. It has to be this year. Damn thing is that now my editor got a baby, just two days ago. He is lost for the next time.

well, he wont be getting much sleep, so he might as well edit while he's up!

truely one of the highlights of Oasis was sitting on the grass and watching your videoclip... and wanting to see it all!! or again!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 11:41 pm   Permalink

True, he will be a restless zombie the next days. haha. Thanks for the kind words.

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 10:22 am   Permalink

I've been looking forward to this movie for a long time and was wondering what the latest is on finishing it and getting it released?

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 08:50 am   Permalink

Yeah, it is definitely time for an update. Producing this DVD is a hard learning process. It started rough and quick. In the beginning I thought the DVD would be ready within a year. It took a while to find out that you can not produce such a big thing "on the side", while doing other stuff. My editor an I thought we can do it in between our regular job or maybe at night. But no we know. it just does not work like that. Especially since we both became papas. You work on the job that pays your rent and spend the time that you have left on your family. The conclusion is that it only works on a paid basis. I need to hire an editor that works some weeks straight on this until it is finished. And pay a reasonable amount of money. I am figuring out how to handle this right now. There is no easy way to get this DVD ready.

The plan is to get it ready this year! This autumn, maybe even for Oasis. It will cost me and I have to take that risk. But on the other hand I know that it will be worth it and I also want this thing to be finally finished and share it with all you patient and passionate people. I am sorry that it is taking so long. It felt bad last time I came to the hukilau with empty hands.

So lets keep the fingers crossed. I will post again, when I have started the full force editing and progress is happening.

Mahalo, Joe

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 09:10 am   Permalink

Joe, You take the time you need. I am sure it will be worth the wait. How are you guys over there, well I hope. Send me some pics of the familia and say hi to all.

Now back to our program.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 2:29 pm   Permalink

YIPEEEE!!!

good news, ...we are finally making progress with the DVD. My editor is working on it for six weeks straight. Daily. The last years we tried to do it besides our regluar jobs on a friendship base. But it does not work with a project of this scale. So, I scrapped my money together, so that I can book and pay him to work steady on it. Man, it's exciting. Christian, my editor, is doing a hell of a job. He is puzzling all the interview pieces together, so that they create a big dialogue. We have split the documentary in 3 chapters: Pre-Tiki (The real South Seas), The Tiki-Heydays (50s/60s) and The Tiki Revival (present day).

I just booked a flight to the Hukilau. Can't miss it. The idea is to shoot some last bits and pieces that we found were missing in our edit right now.

Our aim is to be done with the editing and the fine polish by middle/end of summer. Then we still have plenty to do with mixing, art work, manufacturing, rights and legal issues etc. My aim is to have it ready by the end of the year. And finally I can really envision it. Thanks for your patience.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo 2007-05-15 14:34 ]

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 2:34 pm   Permalink

Mogambo!
We thought you fell off the planet.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 2:40 pm   Permalink

Almost...in February I did climb Mount Kilimanjaro...that almost wiped me.

Diary Above Africa
Text in German, but the images are universal

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo 2007-05-15 14:41 ]

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 4:21 pm   Permalink

<<I just booked a flight to the Hukilau.>>

That's great news right there.
This time, I'LL bring the Ron Pampero.

Looking forward to seeing you again.
Safe travel.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-15 8:01 pm   Permalink

Wow...you are quite the consumate traveler!!! I am looking forward to the DVD too and know that it takes a long time to get a good product produced. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the time and energy you have invested in your project.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation