FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
DVD of Tiki // Out now!
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 11:24 am   Permalink

Hey, big news: We made good progress and are fixing the release of the DVD for September 2007!

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 12:36 pm   Permalink

hey mogambo, i will be in munich for oktoberfest this year, veilleicht we can meet for a bayerisch mai tai.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 3:02 pm   Permalink

On the 2005 NW Tiki Crawl, on the third day, the home bar tour, a short film about tiki culture was shown aboard the bus. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm surmising what was shown was a promotional sampler of what is soon to come?

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-02 5:34 pm   Permalink

Just incase you didn't see it.

middle of page

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 03:36 am   Permalink

WoW. I did not see this cute little bastard. Great. Can I see it from other angles?

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 07:15 am   Permalink

On Hukilau 2007 I will be filming the very last bits and pieces for the DVD.

I am looking for someone who has scientific/philosophic knowledge on the following topics:

The Pacific before 1900
James Cook and the Explorers
The myth of the South Seas Paradise
The universal longing for the concept of "Paradise"

I am sure that some of you guys are working on some funny responses to this.

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 07:21 am   Permalink

The Pacific before 1900:

The Pacific wasn't invented until 1946 when Donn the Beachcomber created it out of limes and sand and rum.

James Cook and the Explorers:

James Cook was a bartender for Trader Vic who stole all of Don Beach's recipes.
The Explorers were the first surf band.

The myth of the South Seas Paradise:

South Seas Paradise was a Toronto Bar that had the first Mystery Drink complete with Mystery Girl.

The universal longing for the concept of "Paradise":

Everybody's concept of Paradise is different but they almost all contain a palm tree.
So the more palms you have, the more paradise you have.

Glad to be of service. See you in a few days.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 07:23 am   Permalink

Hahaaaa ha hah. Didn't expect it to come that fast… and funny.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo 2007-06-11 07:36 ]

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-11 10:54 am   Permalink

I saw the promo at the London Luau, very interesting can't wait to see the finished film.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 1:34 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys,

though we were secretly aiming for a early release of the DVD at this years Oasis, and cant make it - we are happy to confirm that it will be ready this September. We are already planning several release parties in Germany and Switzerland together with Sven Kirsten and his new Book "Tiki Modern".

As soon as we have more details, I will post them.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 01:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 13:34, Mogambo wrote:
We are already planning several release parties in Germany and Switzerland

Well what are we, invisible over here?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 01:13 am   Permalink

The local release party is just the beginning. Of course we will make the DVD available to everybody asap. And we will think of a special event in the US.

I will find you all, visible or invisible. I will just go by the smell.

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 11:46 am   Permalink

Special Promo - take your chance!

I hope that I got most people thru my email. For those of you who are part of this project and helped us,
here is the deal:

The DVD has a planned release for September 2007. So it is time to think about the finishing touches.
You have helped and supported this project. As a thank-you, we would like to offer you a personal spot on the DVD of Tiki.

A space just for you. A space that you can design to your liking:

The Contributers' Slideshow

It is a still image in the size of 1024 by 576 pixels.
See it as your business card. Put your promo on it, along with your contact information.
Or just put your face on it. Whatever you like.

For technical hints check out:

http://www.dvdoftiki.com/dvd-of-tiki-promo/promo-examples.html

The deadline for the "The Contributers' Slideshow" is 07/29/07.
You can email me a JPEG with 100% quality.

If you have questions, just email me. If you can think of someone I have accidentally forgotten, please email me too.

Also Biff (biff@biffinc.com) has offered to help those who are not so computer savy.

-------

Please also email us the correct spelling of your name/company/institution etc. So that we can put them correctly
in the credits and thank you notes.

Take your chance to put your promo on our DVD. Thanks, Jochen.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-18 12:25 pm   Permalink

This is going to be AWESOME!
I can't wait.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 03:15 am   Permalink

Time for news. We are still working like crazy. I am sitting side by side with my editor Christian. He is editing and I am doing animations and dealing with a heap of legal stuff.

But the train is rolling and steaming. As I wrote we will have a great release party together with Sven and his new book
"Tiki Modern".

Here are the details for the European premiere "Tiki Modern" along with Sven Kirsten and Hai Kai and Michael from Forbidden Paradise. Thanks to Lurker Grand and his colleagues from "Klang und Kleid" we will have release parties in Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Zürich and St.Gallen.

Especially the party at the beautiful Trader Vic's in Munich will be a blast.

I am sure Sven will post an update on this soon.

P.S. Later in the year we will also have our big US premiere in California. Nothing specific planned yet. But it is a must since most of you guys are in the US.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo 2007-08-13 03:24 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation