FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-03-24 4:50 pm   Permalink

YAY ~ i got 6 one buck tikis!

good tip about having stuff individually wrapped, my tikis are ok, but the ONE thing they did wrap (a frame) cracked. oh gosh, now i'll have to go and return it, and maybe find the last few tikis.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 4:59 pm   Permalink

For those who haven't ventured out yet - be sure to check out the frame aisle - they've got a bunch of 5X7 frames made from various types of woven/tropical materials and they look great! Perfect size for framing beloved postcards in your bar!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 5:03 pm   Permalink

Hey I wonder how long it will be till some of these little guys make it onto e-bay, minus the dollar tree tag of course, as "Vintage Tiki Figurines/Statues"
Bidding starts at 10 buck!
I give it about 2 months.....
lol

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 5:28 pm   Permalink

Try Yesterday!

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 5:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for the tip about these tikis!!! I bought 5 of them the other day, and I noticed they also had some soaps that had hibiscus flowers and pineapples printed right on them, plus silverware with palm trees on the handles. I was also surprised to hear the tikis are "flying off the shelves" at other people's dollar tree stores, b/c at mine they are definately not selling. The cashier looked at me like I was crazy when I bought them.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 7:13 pm   Permalink

Got some of these little guys. Thinking about making a 3-D tiki bar sign with them.

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 7:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-24 17:28, Turbogod wrote:
Try Yesterday!

This guys even worse!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3904510331

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 7:44 pm   Permalink

Ya know I was only half joking, I really got to say that its really sad that they are already on e-bay, I mean damn.....
Maybe I aught to put a link from the main page to this thread, so that all the other folks are aware of it...
oh well maybe not, I think most tc'ers would gladly hook someone up with these guys if they could.
Damn
I'm going to have to watch those auctions to see how they go.
J

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 8:43 pm   Permalink

$5.99 is a little steep...but keep in mind there are people that don't have a Dollar Tree anywhere near them and would gladly pay a few extra $$$ to get one of these. I bet most people on the west coast only paid a couple of bucks for their OMC Mr. Bali Hai...I'm embarrased to say what I paid for mine.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-03-24 20:47 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 05:42 am   Permalink

True enough,
One would think that WC folks would ask others on the east coast or midwest if they could get them from another tcer, I mean how much is shipping on them, you could have the whole set for no more than 12 or 13 bucks if they asked...

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 07:20 am   Permalink

yeah, THANKS rustbeltcat! i just got all 8 (there aren't any more are there?).

believe it or not, i was actually in a dollar tree months ago for whatever reason & took a walk through in search of tiki. didn't find anything & figured that was that.

btw, if there's anyone out there w/out dollar trees in your area, i'm willing to purchase the set for you, if you reimbuse me + $5 (maybe more for overseas) for postage. however, i can't promise that when i go back all 8 will be there, but there seemed to be plenty this morning.

aloha,
tiki chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 07:28 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-03-25 16:56 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 2:20 pm   Permalink

I'm ashamed to say that I'm getting on the Dollar Tree/Ebay bandwagon. I'd usually turn my nose up at such crass opportunism, but I'm just so broke right now. Here's my promise, though: If I don't sell them for my minimum bid, I'll make them available to a less fortunate Tiki Centralite at cost plus shipping. Fair enough?

Here's the auction, not so you can buy them at my ridiculously inflated price, but because I thought my description was slightly humorous:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3905161826&category=29460&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

[ This Message was edited by: tikimaxton on 2004-03-25 19:08 ]

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 7:58 pm   Permalink

I was afraid that Juno might have snatched up all the $1.00 tikis in North Texas, judging by the picture. But I got my set of 8, too. They look damn awesome for only a buck apiece. Best tiki value of the year, in my humble opinion.

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 8:16 pm   Permalink

Three cheers for rustbeltcat!! This was a great post. I would have never looked at a Dollar Tree for tiki. Quite a bang for your buck. I got the set and then a set and then a set... Lots of ideas floating around in my head on what to do with these guys. If someone has other ideas or projects for these tikis, post them for all to see.

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation