FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 8:19 pm   Permalink

oh by the way... just saw that this is my 1 year membership anniversary to TC!! Its been a great year and hope for many more!
Mahalo!

tiki junkman

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 9:00 pm   Permalink

Congrats Tiki Junkman!

JUNO! Did you leave any tiki's for the rest of us? Jeeze man that's a legion of tiki!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 05:48 am   Permalink

Quote:
JUNO! Did you leave any tiki's for the rest of us? Jeeze man that's a legion of tiki!

Hey...if we ever have a Dallas Tikiphiles meet I might just bring one for everyone who shows up. Now THAT's an incentive!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 07:47 am   Permalink

thanks alot for the info on the dollar tree tikis, i live in the ft lauderdale area and my local store had all 8 avalible. great buy for a buck, ya can't beat that with a stick!

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 8:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up on this one, Rustbeltcat. I never knew that Dollar Tree existed, let alone that there were three within a thirty mile radius of my house. Unfortunately, only one store in my area had them, and I only got 6 out of the 8. Hence, my tiki quest continues. It'll be a good excuse to pop over to Palm Springs this weekend.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 8:36 pm   Permalink

So I was back in Dollar Tree YET AGAIN to even out my collection(s) when I dropped one of these guys and broke his head off. These definitely need to be handled with CARE.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 10:18 pm   Permalink

I returned to my local Dollar Tree store, and found a few more exotic themed accesories (sconces, candle holders, picture frames) that will help me in displaying my tiki items - perhaps these items might help some of you too.

1) Sconces - $1 These are probably meant to hold candles, but this was just what I was looking for to display my Squid tiki mug from the first Hukilau on the wall. Although constructed of plastic, it does have a nice rattan look. I will have to do further taping/securing to make sure nothing falls and breaks

They also had some plastic sconces which had a variety of palm tree patterns on them. I used these to display my Dollar store tikis.

And finally, they had some candle holders, which were just what I needed to raise some tiki mugs a few inches for display purposes. These had the rattan look to them also.

I'm starting to feel like a Dollar Tree Tiki Martha Stewart!!

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 08:35 am   Permalink

thanks for the tips on that cool 1$ stuff tikivern. my store didn't have the nice palm sconces, but i'll keep looking...
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 10:05 am   Permalink

I found two of them here in Bakersfield yesterday. I asked if they had more anywhere, and was told all the tropical items are their promotion for April. She said they will be getting more in.
Hopefully, Dollar Tree will see the huge demand and really stock up on them. I'll take as many as I can!

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!
[img]http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/images/avatars/3fc1bc033d70dcbbea619.gif[/im

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBud
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-27 7:44 pm   Permalink

Scored 6 of these guys at an Atlanta area Doller Tree today.

View Profile of TikiBud Send a personal message to TikiBud      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 9:07 pm   Permalink

Crap! I can't find any! The Dollar tree that I went to said they didn't get the Tikis, AND weren't expecting to get them...

Somebody got some extras?

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 10:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'll trade you the complete set (8 tikis) for a mug or something. Let me know if you're interested.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-03-27 22:33 ]

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 10:45 pm   Permalink

juno, I don't need to be bribed with... hmm

btw I scored all 8 of this little guys today.. check the tiki finds thread for my other finds.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-28 12:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-27 22:32, Juno wrote:
Quote:

I'll trade you the complete set (8 tikis) for a mug or something. Let me know if you're interested.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-03-27 22:33 ]

Sounds like a deal. Depending on how big your mug collection is, I might have something in duplicate.

Pm me with a mugs want list.

Thanks
TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-28 5:07 pm   Permalink

Ha! And again, as with the Marshall's decanters, I was too fast on the draw: NOW my Dollar Tree has in the tikis! Got 'em all (that is, one of each). Not a whole heckuva lot there, though. Hurry up, Kilikopela! It's in the River Oaks Shopping Center (where TJ Maxx is).

No sconces, but they had the candle holder/tiki stands - great idea, ikitnrev Stewart! It's a good thing!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation