FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-28 7:21 pm   Permalink

I finally got mine today. It was my 2nd attempt at buying them because when I went 2 days ago, I didn't realize the place is cash/check only. Well, as luck would have it, I got 'em home and as I was placing them on their shelf, one fell and broke in half. Guess what, they're hollow! For some reason, the Brady Bunch Tiki is coming to mind... with as much trouble as I'm having, I'm not sure I was meant to own these.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-28 8:03 pm   Permalink

The stores are called Greenbacks in Phoenix. Bought my tikis today at the South Phoenix store, but haven't found the sconces yet. Great find!

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 08:45 am   Permalink

Dollar Tree is fabulous! I discovered the tikis there last night, then searched here today to discover that others had as well. A couple of years ago I found a bunch of little plush Creatures from the Black Lagoon, from the Universal Monsters collection and bought all they had. Dollar Tree turns up some good stuff on a regular basis...

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 12:46 pm   Permalink

Wood?????

Whoever buys this is gonna be PISSED!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2391860617&category=45491

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 1:16 pm   Permalink

I like the $6.50 shipping charge. They weigh nothing......are they shipping rocks with it?

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 2:41 pm   Permalink

Thank you Rustbeltcat,
I've purchased about 50 tikis along with tropical decor at the local Greenbacks and Dollartree stores over the last week.
The next luau should be a door prize affair now.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBud
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-31 6:57 pm   Permalink

The Dollar Tree here in Hiram also has the Shasta Tiki Punch. Also, I found the last two tiki's, so I was able to get all eight.

View Profile of TikiBud Send a personal message to TikiBud      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hazmania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-31 8:17 pm   Permalink

I found an untapped cahe of these at the Dollar Tree in my neck of the woods - bought 30 but they only had seven designs. Future party favors in scenic North Dallas

View Profile of hazmania Send a personal message to hazmania  Email hazmania     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 9:23 pm   Permalink

Their uses are seemingly endless! I velcro-ed one to my dashboard. Now he can be traded out with my hula girl whenever I want. Hope he doesn't melt in the summer sun!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 11:53 pm   Permalink

I just got my set from Juno. These guys a pleasantly bigger than I expected! And all survived their journey.
I just have to wonder how much the Chinese pay their workers to make them available to Americans for a buck each.

Juno, yer Mmugs goin out tomorrow!

Thanks again!

I wish I could find a coupla stragglers, but all of the LA area stores I've hit have been cleaned out.

But they did have all sortsa bathroom accessories. Shame I don't have a tiki room with its own bathroom....

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 3:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-31 12:46, Juno wrote:
Wood?????

If you think THEY'LL be pissed, what would this bidder be if they found out what the tikis retail for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3905161826&category=29460

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 4:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Wood?????

I see they removed "wood" from the description. A TC'er probably got to him.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-04-01 16:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-04-01 16:36 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 6:09 pm   Permalink

DAMN 31 bucks for all eight!!! "Its a deal its a steal!! To late to late they'll say when the man with the bargins passes you by!"
GOD i shoulda kept my yap shut and just hoarded them all and sold them for that as a set!
Poor guy got screwed and didnt even get a kiss....

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 6:16 pm   Permalink

They remind me of a few years back when Jack Daniels had a X-mas gift set with 2 globe shot glasses and a bottle of hootch that went for $10 but on ebay I got $15 for the glasses so it was like getting paid to drink. I had trouble keeping up with the demand, heh heh.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 09:48 am   Permalink

I have one complete set of these left plus duplicates of a few of them. Anyone interested in a trade for a mug?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation