FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
vegastikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 10:37 pm   Permalink

I know you guys are really pumped about the Tiki Figures at Dollar Tree. I too, have picked up a few of them. Here's an interesting item my fiancee picked up during her latest trip there. A very nicely detailed palm tree, ceramic mug. Neat, eh?

View Profile of vegastikidude Send a personal message to vegastikidude  Email vegastikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 02:13 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki Chris,

If you happen to be passing a Dollar Tree, I wouldn't mind some of these little chaps myself. I realise you've just gone to get some for the others, so don't go out of your way on my behalf.

Cheers,
Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-21 06:26 am   Permalink

woody,
check yr pms.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-22 01:58 am   Permalink

Cool!
Cheers TC.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 01:48 am   Permalink

I picked up about 50 of those Dollar Tree tikis and was disappointed to find whitish/grey splotches on the brown faux-wood paint. I had thought these were areas the paint hadn't adhered to but when I ran a damp washcloth over these spots they came right off and browned up nicely. I hope this info. is of use to somebody. TIKI TIKI TIKI!!

[ This Message was edited by: sneakytiki on 2004-04-28 23:27 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 02:15 am   Permalink

Cool, I hadn't tried for fear they would disintegrate.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 10:10 pm   Permalink

Polly at Omni Hut has one of the three-tiki Dollar Tree tikis up by her cash register. She said an employee brought it in and, when she went right back out to buy more, they were gone. Even managers of tiki restaurants must suffer shortages with us collectors.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 08:48 am   Permalink

I wanted to bump up this thread to ask a question:

Here in the midwest, the Dollar Tree and most other stores only stock tiki themed stuff in late sprig to early summer. Does anybody have the word on when exactly this will happen? If anybody sees this stuff commming out this spring, at the Dollar Tree or anywhere else, please let me know. Mahalo.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 1:00 pm   Permalink

Nothing here in N. Texas yet. Last year they got their tiki stuff in March. I'll keep checking.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 2:15 pm   Permalink

Theeerrrree Baaaack!

I picked up a second full set of the little guys at lunch today. They had 2 different colors here in Denver (light and dark colored). The shelve in the store looked kind of slim, like they were selling quickly. These guys are hard to beat for $1 a each.

Here is a earlier post on how I used the first batch of little guys.

Zulu

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-06-09 14:21 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 2:19 pm   Permalink

I spotted them a couple of weeks ago & bought a set of the new ones.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 2:37 pm   Permalink

Hey Zulmagoo...all I get are red X's on the other thread...no pics!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-10 12:23 am   Permalink

Slacks - Shutterfly (the site hosting my pics) was down for a while this afternoon. It's working now.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikeNJ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-15 1:35 pm   Permalink

I picked up one of every style and color I could of these little guys at my local Dollar Tree here in SNJ. My best bud tipped me off that they had them! I remember reading posts about them in previous years but never found any in my area, then BAM they appeared this year!I took home about 15 or so!

View Profile of TikiMikeNJ Send a personal message to TikiMikeNJ  Email TikiMikeNJ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KimoTiki

Posted: 2006-06-18 2:04 pm   Permalink

I read this a couple weeks back and was discouraged when my local dollar tree carried nothing of the sort. But after a stop at the barber shop yesterday found myself searching again at dollar tree and hitting tiki pay dirt. Thanks for the post. I got six of them.

View Profile of KimoTiki Send a personal message to KimoTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation