FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show and Sale @ Minnie's Modesto May 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Art Show and Sale @ Minnie's Modesto May 22
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 09:35 am   Permalink

wwaaaAAAHOOOOO! something is going DOWN in modesto....finally!

come on you bay area folk, come down on saturday and raid our thrift and antique stores. visit the old islander building. look at the tiki apartments in stockton. visit the tiki in mo-town. then come to minnies! i promise, we havent been to ANY thrift stores lately. so there should be plenty o' tiki stock for EVERYONE.

so who's coming?

and chongo~ dont forget our prints!

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-21 1:22 pm   Permalink

Finally something else in No. Calif - but alas I'll be in Monterey this weekend. What's funny is I'd rather be in Modesto!

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Woo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-21 1:27 pm   Permalink

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! I can't wait!!! Today is payday and tomorrow there is a tiki sale in the neighborhood! But oh no! My boyfriend is threatening to leave the truck at home and bring the bike instead.... he knows I'm going to go crazy!!

View Profile of Tiki Woo Send a personal message to Tiki Woo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 4:02 pm   Permalink

Minnies is ZAZZ!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 5:55 pm   Permalink

this suggestion is a little late--you should add "Modesto May 22" to the topic line to make it stand out--I kept assuming this was another So-Cal event that I couldn't make.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 6:08 pm   Permalink

hey! Can somebody give me a ride to Minnie's from SF/Oakland?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 6:13 pm   Permalink

It's done Smiley man.
Hope to see you out here Cynful.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-05-21 6:55 pm   Permalink

Cynful, we might be able to give you a ride, but don't know for sure yet if we can go. We have a visitor from out of town starting this weekend, so I just have to find out what our schedule is before I know for sure if we can go tomorrow. I'll get ahold of you privately if so.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-23 3:40 pm   Permalink

it was quite the pleasure to be a part of the activites at minnie's last night. we enjoyed looking at the arts and crafts of chongolio, jungle trader, lars, traveling tiki, bosko, and benzart. it was also a great time hanging out with the group, and seeing mr. smiley, tikivixen, and newbie tiki woo. we are eagerly awaiting the pictures of the conch shell with the golem! quite the find mr smiley! it made the torch lighting all the more mysterious. (we hope you are feeling better)

here are some pics:

lovely group shot with mr bali hai (with the drunken hat's hat), jungle trader, chongolio, and melanie.

another view, with heather's lovely prints hanging from minnie's patio.

good times

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-24 2:57 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. It was good to hang out with all y'all again and have quite a few laffs. A big thanks to Jungle Trader for putting this show together and another to the owners and staff at Minnies. I am looking forward to the next show.
Tikicleen and Drunken Hat, let me know how the uke looks in the homestead. Thanks again!
Also, it was nice meetin' ya Tiki Vixen, Tiki Woo and Golem.
Unga, we know you were there in spirit.

See ya next time,
Chongolio

P.S sorry no pics posted, I have to do some housecleaning on my server first.

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-05-24 15:30 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-05-24 3:38 pm   Permalink

Somehow, I completely, utterly, and totally missed this thread until today. Fuckity fuck.

And to think I spent my Saturday making two trips to the dump. What a waste. Literally.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-24 4:38 pm   Permalink

Sorry I could not make it guys.
Work can show no mercy at times.
See you soon though!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-24 5:08 pm   Permalink

Yeah, it was fun. Great hangin and talkin' story with my braddahs and sistahs.
For those that didn't make it, mark your calenders for......oh crap....when is International Tiki Day?
The date could be 21st or 28th of August for the next Minnie's Tiki Art Show.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-24 5:31 pm   Permalink

AARRGH!!! FOUR Minnies specials that night and I was a wreck the next day!!!! Can't wait to do it again-maybe three and a half Minnies Specials next time!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-24 5:56 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-05-23 15:40, tikicleen wrote:
we are eagerly awaiting the pictures of the conch shell with the golem! quite the find mr smiley! it made the torch lighting all the more mysterious. (we hope you are feeling better)

I don't know if this will work-here goes:
[img]C:\Documents and Settings\ADP Client\My Documents\My Pictures\2004-05-24, bar\bar 304.jpg [img]
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation