FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Album Release Party Tonight! For one of our very own...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Album Release Party Tonight! For one of our very own...
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 08:16 am   Permalink

Yes, one of our very own TC members has broken into the world of Exotica sound...

Look for them in stores now!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 08:35 am   Permalink

I'm so there!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-04-01 09:12 am   Permalink

That's uneasing and funny all at once (ouch!).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 09:17 am   Permalink

Oh my hell!!!!!

At least he plays the conch well!!!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 09:17 am   Permalink

Cute! Does she have a sister?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 09:33 am   Permalink

Some of my favorite tracks include:

1. Stairway to Rapa Nui
2. Baby Got Okole
3. Somewhere over the Volcano
4. 99 bottles of Mojito on the wall
5. Brown Eyed Wahine

Folks -- I will be selling this CD in limited quantities at the SF Tiki Crawl. Line forms to the left... no autographs please...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 09:38 am   Permalink

Hey Ylop you ol crowd pleaser, Are you going to do the bit with the flaming spears, a pineapple and the two pigs?

Chongolio

See all y'all tomorrow!

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-01 12:24 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 10:45 am   Permalink

What wonderful news! So glad to hear that the sultry and shadowy Pop Ylop is making public appearances after all these years. Will there be any more West Coast appearances? I'd love to meet the Ylop whose moody musical progressions and silky vocals have set the right tone in my tiki room for so long. If I can get him to sign my vinyl, those gems are getting framed! Thanks letting us all know about this wonderful development! WOW!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 10:58 am   Permalink

is it true that Ylop is the descendent of Pele, and that he has a one and a half octave range?

I can't WAIT 'til the Texas tour of his orchestra, featuring Moishe ViBongco!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-01 11:39 am   Permalink

We were very very fortunate to to have secured Pop Ylop for his performance debut at the Grotto. He's well known as a tempermental performer who can be difficult to please. When I met his manager to discuss the terms, I knew things were going to be weird. He was this imposing man with piercing eyes and a three foot long goatee. He was wearing a mickey mouse t-shirt and insisted that I call him poodle or puppy or something. He presented me with a rider listing all of Pop Ylop's backstage needs:

six bottles of aged rum
a lime
lavender scented body wash
coconut bra
eight dozen lumpia
36 pounds of ceramic mug fragments to fill bathtub.

But I went along with it, because it was such a rare opportunity. Pop Ylop is such an enigmatic figure. For example, is he single or a taken man? Each album cover tells a different story....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 11:56 am   Permalink

i'm speechless!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 12:06 pm   Permalink

I hope he performs his classic rendition of "I Broke my Mug (In San Francisco)!"

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 12:13 pm   Permalink

My band opened up for Ylop back in '79..she fronted a band called "Black Utot"

They had a number one hit in the Philipines, called "shing-a-ling de cavite"

As I recall, Ylop would usually perform with full lateral nudity...

One of our road crew got it on with one of thier road crew!!!

Several us tried to Get Ylop's attention, (because she was strikingly beautiful)but she was so busy with the interviews, the scandals and her subsequent deportation to canada, and then that countries refusal to admit her...

Last I heard she had bought a now defunct hockey team, The Charlestown Chiefs..

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 1:28 pm   Permalink

ok, that's absolutey friggin' hilarious!!
That would make an awesome t-shirt!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2004-04-01 5:09 pm   Permalink

Fuck the three tenors, I think that Pop Ylop and Poncey Ponce would make a good duo.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation